Lottery Winners On Isle Of Man

Why should they move out, they are eligable for a corpy house and could stay, but then why would they?

£500.000 would only get you a 3 bed house on the island. Pay off credit cards and gifts to family, start a business, holiday (obligatory), new clothes and cars, all gone in 6 months.

Good luck to them and I'm sure they are prefectly nice people. However there would be something wrong in this world if they do live in Pully as reported and were allowed to continue living in a council house with half a million quid in the bank. Why should hard working rate payers many of whom could only dream about having a spare five grand in the bank continue to subsidise the rent of people who have had such incredibly good fortune? Its enough money to buy a very nice house in a climate where they will get very good value as cash buyers. Good luck to them but hopefully if its as reported its just cleared a house for a more needy low income family.

Edited by localyokel

Anyone that blows a £500K lump sum and still needs to be in a council house - needs their heads testing.

Only if you have the view that public housing is only for those who can't afford private.

I'd be interested to know Slim if that isnt the case then who is public housing for in your view? Anyone who chooses not to pay for private housing because they'd rather not or those who think that the normal rules of life don't apply to them?

Why should they move out, they are eligable for a corpy house and could stay, but then why would they?

£500.000 would only get you a 3 bed house on the island. Pay off credit cards and gifts to family, start a business, holiday (obligatory), new clothes and cars, all gone in 6 months.

Good luck to them and I'm sure they are prefectly nice people. However there would be something wrong in this world if they do live in Pully as reported and were allowed to continue living in a council house with half a million quid in the bank. Why should hard working rate payers many of whom could only dream about having a spare five grand in the bank continue to subsidise the rent of people who have had such incredibly good fortune? Its enough money to buy a very nice house in a climate where they will get very good value as cash buyers. Good luck to them but hopefully if its as reported its just cleared a house for a more needy low income family.

how can you be subsidising there rent, when they were hardworking taxpayers themselves? im sure if they stay in there houses, they wont be on the dole lookin for housing benefits!!!

fair play 2 them, about time the locals got a slice of the big 1.

Saw this article in the paper today

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2235236/Josh-Sargeant-Teenager-bought-upmarket-house-500k-win-McDonalds-Monopoly-game-handed-ASBO-subjecting-neighbours-wild-parties.html

Seriously though, well done for the Manx lads who won, and I wish them all the best. Just hope their friends stick with them and they don't have a hard time from jealous people.

Aye, ya can't polish a turd and all that.

We have neighbours who are a bit like that guy, the wife was left the house by her hard-working parents and the husband is a scussy dope-smoking bone-idle twat. The house is a mess and has had orders put on it by the council. They have no idea of what it means to save and work for a mortgage and have no inclination to look after their house.

(my post relates to the Daily Mail article above, not in any way to these local lads who I am sure are ok guys)

Edited by RonnieD

We have neighbours who are a bit like that guy, the wife was left the house by her hard-working parents and the husband is a scussy dope-smoking bone-idle twat. The house is a mess and has had orders put on it by the council. They have no idea of what it means to save and work for a mortgage and have no inclination to look after their house.

(my post relates to the Daily Mail article above, not in any way to these local lads who I am sure are ok guys)

Any chance of you labelling what the wife is like crying.gif

Any chance of you labelling what the wife is like crying.gif

The wife is like the husband in a skirt.