Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Lxxx

Common Purpose Isle Of Man?

There seems to be a lot of headlines and stories in the mainstream press at the moment (see below)about an organisation called 'Common Purpose', a registered charity that has links to all kinds of senior officials in the public sector and it seems are getting the press all hot under the collar with regards to the Leveson inquiry and newspaper censorship.

I don't know much about them myself but has anyone else come across them? Are they active on the island?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2233716/Dark-arts-links-Masters-Spin-.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4649364/The-leftie-plotters-with-one-Common-Purposeto-gag-the-Press.html

According to sources in Govt who I know personally, I O M Govt are very familiar with the 'Common Purpose' principle.

• Like 1

Found this on the internet about 'Common Purpose'. Knowing nothing about them till this thread, I'm convinced we have some loads of these people in our government!!! sweatingbullets.gif With the last paragraph

See link: http://www.eutruth.org.uk/cp.pdf

'If you suspect Common Purpose is active in your organisation, or see a pattern of incredibly bad decisions, money being wasted, notice bullying, fraud, or threats, note the names of those involved (we've tracked down over a thousand) and please contact us. And publish the truth about Common Purpose as widely as you can'.

I don't think our lot need 'leadership training' to enable them to make bad decisions and waste money. They are doing it quite well on their own initiative.

This topic has been done before- with little success!

Wasn't aware it had been raised before, thst was well before my time on MF.

However now their activities are no longer being raised on 'fringe websites' but by the editors of the UK's largest daily publications, with the same questions being raised.

I think that makes the topic very current and relevant.

Edited by Lxxx
  • Like 1

This certainly provides a possibly explanation why there is so much highly paid mediocrity about and so many people willing to lie to cover up for others (not just here in my experience, but UK too.....but mainly here).

Hello this is my first post on manxforums, I arrived here having googled Common Purpose Isle of Man, What I can tell you is that Common purpose is everywhere, over 80,000 people in the UK and many more worldwide are destroying our society and way of life. At 64 (18 months ago) I first heard about Common Purpose and thought it was a Conspiracy Theory or a Joke, Having researched it over the last year or so I can confirm it is proberbly the most fraudulant None political charity around. It is most definitly on the Island but as everything is done under chatham house rules you never get to hear about it.

If you see or hear anything that sounds stupid, just not right or downright unbelievable, google it and add common purpose. You will be amazed how many times it can be seen to interfere in all walks of life but in particular, the Health service Regulators and Quangos.

At 13.00 hrs check out http://www.ukcolumn.org/live and make up your own mind! Alternatively go to www.Stopcp.com where thousands of common purpose Graduates names and jobs are published on an excell spread sheet. The Levison Enquiry has 3 common purpose goons on it ... the BBC and senior members of the mainstream press like Lord David Bell (Levison Enquiry) see their own website (Leading BEYOND Authority) at http://www.commonpurpose.org.uk/about/leading-beyond-authority

Edited by RCO

There seems to be a lot of headlines and stories in the mainstream press at the moment (see below)about an organisation called 'Common Purpose', a registered charity that has links to all kinds of senior officials in the public sector and it seems are getting the press all hot under the collar with regards to the Leveson inquiry and newspaper censorship.

Quire straightforward really. CP is group offering range of courses at ridiculously high prices aimed at "leaders of the future".

Various nutters (Lawfull Rebellion, Brian Gerrish, TPUC, David Icke, et al) all have own version of how CP is really a dark and dangerous force that is trying to take over positions of power(strange really, as most of the nutters think that the world is already controlled by a global elite, in which case why would they bother?). And, of course, if you don't share their (the nutters) paranoid view of CP then you are one of the stupid "sheeple" while if you do believe them you are "enlightened" and superior to most other people.

These groups tend to be right wing, therefore include lots of eurosceptics, and so no wonder anti-CP nonsense taken up by likes of Mail and Sun.

Quite amusing to see Lxxx bringing attention to the fact that the "mainstream press" is slagging off CP. He usually sees the mainstream press as merely the puppets of the powerful elite.

Get your tinfoil out

Sorry, don't have one yet. Still one of the unenlightened "sheeple". You'll have to ask Lxxx for a loan of his.

• Like 1

Quite amusing to see Lxxx bringing attention to the fact that the "mainstream press" is slagging off CP. He usually sees the mainstream press as merely the puppets of the powerful elite.

Why would it be amusing because of that? Edited by La_Dolce_Vita

Norseman

I agree with you that Common Purpose are just another group of rip-off merchants spreading the gospel of gobbledegook throughout the English-speaking rulng classes. They are dangerous only in so far as they reinforce the self-regarding culture of such people and if they weren't doing it, there's plenty of others that do as well.

The reason why the UK Press has taken against them is that one of Lord Leveson's 'assessors', Sir Davis Bell is a trustee of Common Purpose and two of the others had more tenuous links (unsurprising given that these were people with a media background and how clannish the whole system is). Because the Press were terrified that Leveson might make them behave properly, papers such as the Mail and Telegraph launched an attack on Common Purpose at the time that Lord Leveson was producing his report. The implication was that the Leveson Report must therefore be an evil Communist plot against All We Hold Dear.

Apart from anything else, it was odd the Press never had never exposed this "giant octopus, [whose] tentacles appear to reach into every cranny of the inner sanctums of Westminster, Whitehall and academia — bodies that often view Britain's unruly, disruptive press with disdain and distrust" before. Of course if those people in such institutions feel that way, it may just be because they are typical of the public who also feel "disdain and distrust" towards their papers.

Obviously you have to be completely gullible to fall for such old tosh and these "revelations" were greeted with general mockery and pointing towards the press's self-interest and bad behaviour in such matter.

Why would it be amusing because of that?

Because the negative coverage is by the mainstream press and is basically about the "dark forces" of CP reaching far and wide and controling the police, mainstream press etc. But he's already told us time and time again that he believes that the mainstream press (and just about every other organisation) are just the puppets of the dark forces which already control them. Don't you see any inconsistency in someone simultaneously holding these views? Don't think anyone could find this mildly amusing?

Without trying to sound like a smartarse, it depends what he means by puppets. If he is being a bit broad with the term then fair enough because he would be right about the US and somewhat correct about the UK. The media do perform a role of producing material that reflects the interests and 'world views' of the elite (meaning the State and private business interests) and an exception like this doesn't seem odd or peculiar at all because the media isn't directed by these bodies. It is just what is profitable.

But if he thinks that the media are ultimately controlled and actively work for an elite then you may have your laugh.