German House Builders Weberhaus

Thanks for the replies, will take a trip to take a look at them. Anyone know who is marketing them, can't see anything on the local estate agents websites.

Good luck - they ain't cheap but are *very* nice.

If you do buy make sure Huf Haus employees assembled the house, not a local company.

you wouldn't want a gerry built one would ye.

Why is that R2D2?For someone who hasnt lived on the island for years you seem to have your finger on the pulse,or your full of shit.....

I almost bought a Huf Haus 15 years ago for ~ 1 million, ended up doing something else instead. Having looked in detail into Huf and other companies they all specify that their own people do the assembly with the possible exception of the foundation which must be to their specification otherwise the guarantee will be voided.

Take a look at this Huf Haus and then look at some other houses built on the Island recently - I was shocked at how bad the workmanship is / was on a new build on a site but I'm not going to say where for obvious reasons.

Take a look at this Huf Haus and then look at some other houses built on the Island recently - I was shocked at how bad the workmanship is / was on a new build on a site but I'm not going to say where for obvious reasons.

Look at the workmanship on the Island ~ 50 years ago and compare it to today.

Not sure if anyone else has seen them, but I've noticed on a few occasions a german registered van driving around with WeberHaus on the side, usually picking up/dropping off people from the airport. I googled them and found out that they are building 3 new homes on the island, a bit like the HufHaus featured on the TV programme Grand Designs a few years ago. I just wondered if anyone could confirm the location of where they are being built on the island and how much they will eventually be put up for sale for.

Link here: http://www.weberhaus...nt-project.html

I think from the photos on their website it is overlooking Laxey bay, maybe Baldrine? grateful for the confirmation.

Also noticed when I was getting on the ferry the other week another german registered van for a company called RedBlue energy http://www.redblue-energy.com/home Seems that they do work for HufHaus so perhaps they where on island working on these WeberHaus.

Just noticed from one of the photos on the WeberHaus website that the RedBlue energy van was on that site.