Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Hungry Harrison

Problems At Hospital

And while I'm on it, I went through the A&E entrance on a Monday afternoon and it was packed. God knows how long you'd have to wait on a Friday night. What on earth are people doing to themselves on a Monday afternoon?

is it though?

Read page 19 if you're only going to read one page.

is it though?

I see what you mean (I hadn't read that). Scary.

• Like 1

is it though?

And page 30. The Oral Health Stakeholders Group didn't even meet. No wonder dental services are not improving. Whatever happened to the ambitious Oral Health Strategy which promised such great things?

is it though?

And page 30. The Oral Health Stakeholders Group didn't even meet. No wonder dental services are not improving. Whatever happened to the ambitious Oral Health Strategy which promised such great things?

No idea. Fell victim to the Quayle/Charters axis of chaos? Mr. Couch may respond to this report. Quayle will keep his hoping-to-be-re-elected arse out of the firing line.

I'd wager Quayle/Charters didn't have a clue about the dental services. I wonder why dental services weren't specifically included in this report?

It's very telling that this report slams Quayle's department in the very same year that he overspends by £10 million...and not one voice raised in Tynwald asking why and how he'll prevent it happening again.

• Like 2

It's very telling that this report slams Quayle's department in the very same year that he overspends by £10 million...and not one voice raised in Tynwald asking why and how he'll prevent it happening again.

Charters doing one and being replaced by Couch could be a good start...?

Charters doing one and being replaced by Couch could be a good start...?

I wouldn't dispute that but the £10 million overspend was April 2015 to March 2016, mainly Couch, not Charters. I guess 2016-17 is the acid test. Couch has had far less media prominence since leaving Treasury but perhaps that's understandable - I'd keep my head down in DHSC too. Having said that, we never hear a thing from his successor in Treasury; I can't even recall who it was.

As long as it's a demand led service it is difficult to cap spending in any particular year. It's politically unacceptable to say that when we've spent the budget hard luck. No more treatment. Of course there is waste and pointless bureaucracy in the mix too. Savings could be made.