Problems At Hospital

I am so very tempted to make several comments on Hermes' thoughts, but I am almost certain that I know who he is - his identity was 'outed' to me just after I joined MF a few years ago, and as I've posted previously in another thread, I have an unusually long and accurate memory for trivial crap. I'm not going to out him here though - against T&Cs of the forum - but if I were to receive a PM...

I'll say just this - I don't think he speaks for the majority of the clinicians that I know. The 'head in the sand' attitude that he's displaying is not what I see amongst my colleagues, most of whom would like to see positive changes made as soon as possible to improve patient care. All I really disagree with is the continued calls for an external review, and if I ever needed a news story to back up my position then today's regarding the CQC cover up is it.

@revoemoc - I don't know if there is a 'witch-hunt' on or not. I seriously doubt it. I'm sure Hermes' comments are his own, and he's not far enough up the food chain to worry about in that regard in any case.

@Wrighty

Thank you for your post. It has actually reassured me, mainly. I do take on board your point regarding the CQC following today's story, the difficulty is that issues appear to have been continually examined internally which I personally don't believe is healthy and ultimately nothing has changed so far. I think what all of this has shown is that all of the decent, honest hard working clinicians at Noble's want definitive changes to improve patient safety and care for the better. What differs are the ideas for how this can be be achieved and in the time frames in which this should happen.

Thanks again for your post Wrighty, it is appreciated.

++++++1

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only way to get a better healthcare system is to invest more money into it, preferably coupled with competent management.   To give you two examples how it works here: My better half needed a tr

As nice as it is to talk to Mr Anderson, the buck has to stop somewhere and Mr Bell cannot expect to keep wrapping sticky tape and bubble-wrap around his chums as if to say, I helped you out there 'fe

"He is now seeking a meeting with Health Minister Jeremy Hunt, but has this stark warning for any other health professional thinking of blowing the whistle to protect their patients. ‘Don’t do it, be

Posted Images

Winds of Change and friends:

Careful who you accuse of 'slaughtering', and please try to avoid trolling on those who have a different viewpoint on how this negative campaign is being conducted. You do not speak for the staff of Noble's, especially not for the doctors and nurses who I have been working with and discussing this matter with. We all know there are problems, but you are adding to them by splurging out all of this negative propaganda, some of which is untrue and hurtful. Having spent many years doing my own little bit trying to maintain a good name for this hospital through my own clinical practice I am now going to have to work just that bit harder to make up for the lack of trust your 'work' here is engendering.

Hospital staff have a duty to their patients to report adverse clinical events/poor practice and deal with problems rather than sitting around bitching about them. Have you followed through the complaints you have made to make sure your patients get the deal they deserve? Have you done this in a positive and constructive manner? If you had you probably wouldn't be posting on here, and you and your friends who (presumably) wrote and leaked the letter would be in charge of running your particular areas safely and taking direct responsibility for patient care issues AS YOU SHOULD BE rather than fobbing it off onto management. After all, they are managers and we are clinical staff...

If you want to change things, why not show some leadership and stop shouting from the back of the crowd?

I find this attitude very insulting and having worked at Noble's for 30 odd years, Hermes you do not speak for the majority of staff and your rhetoric sounds very much like the crap we hear every week from the 'Halton Mafia'.

• Like 1

Winds of Change and friends:

Careful who you accuse of 'slaughtering', and please try to avoid trolling on those who have a different viewpoint on how this negative campaign is being conducted. You do not speak for the staff of Noble's, especially not for the doctors and nurses who I have been working with and discussing this matter with. We all know there are problems, but you are adding to them by splurging out all of this negative propaganda, some of which is untrue and hurtful. Having spent many years doing my own little bit trying to maintain a good name for this hospital through my own clinical practice I am now going to have to work just that bit harder to make up for the lack of trust your 'work' here is engendering.

Hospital staff have a duty to their patients to report adverse clinical events/poor practice and deal with problems rather than sitting around bitching about them. Have you followed through the complaints you have made to make sure your patients get the deal they deserve? Have you done this in a positive and constructive manner? If you had you probably wouldn't be posting on here, and you and your friends who (presumably) wrote and leaked the letter would be in charge of running your particular areas safely and taking direct responsibility for patient care issues AS YOU SHOULD BE rather than fobbing it off onto management. After all, they are managers and we are clinical staff...

If you want to change things, why not show some leadership and stop shouting from the back of the crowd?

I find this attitude very insulting and having worked at Noble's for 30 odd years, Hermes you do not speak for the majority of staff and your rhetoric sounds very much like the crap we hear every week from the 'Halton Mafia'.

+1 from me. Probably is one of the Halton Mafia

Edited by petebrady
  • Like 1

As Wrighty says - my comments are my own, and given from the start from my own perspective. I stand by them 100%. As he has kindly pointed out, I am nothing to do with management or the 'food chain', so contributors who seem to be spiralling into paranoia can just go take a reality check. I and other colleagues in our own department are continually working to maintain a high quality of care and clinical standards. That is hardly having your head in the sand.

There are wider problems that need addressing, but for Noble's employees to be posting on here in a manner which drags the good efforts of so many of their colleagues through the dirt and hurts their trust is inexcusable.

I will stick with my own integrity, and leave the threats, bullying and name-calling to those who have nothing more constructive to say or to contribute to the debate either here or within their own place of work.

U-turn " there are problems at the hospital"!

I do hope your not the media relations officer, as you've made a complete idiot of yourself!

Once again well done for posting some great information! Keep it coming.

Media relations officer :-) Well Hermes is the messenger of the Gods!

• Like 1

Media relations officer? Are you joking? Please please please, tell me you made that job up? OMG! They have someone earning approx £30k to pick pictures for the corridors and a media relations officer, jesus H christ, on a bike, someone needs killing never mind sacking. It's hardly like we have a media, just a pile of fat lazy mates of mates who like to call themselves journalists, maybe been on one of those "learn to write for money" advanced readers digest courses but mostly the puppet media spoon fed sweet stories on the promise of a glass of wine. (Although, if what I'm told about the optics at the town hall is true, there's none left boys!)

• Like 1

Hermes is entitled to his opinion, as is everybody. We are simply informing him that he is wrong - according to our experiences. Experiences which he says are untrue and invalid. Where is the bullying there? Really?

I must say, for all the talk of bullying and intimidation from the 6 or so key posters on this thread, the tone of your respective replies to Hermes is interesting to say the least.

All I am saying is that their comments do not reflect that of the 'majority' of hospital staff (as claimed by Hermes) that I have spoken to with regard to this issue. I have simply just suggested that they state which claims they believe to be 'untrue'. As yet, they have not backed up any of their post with evidence?

• Like 1