Property Sale

I saw this http://www.cowleygroves.com/2010/property-details.asp?prop_ref=10912

£ 319,500 Beech House 23 Barrule Park, Ramsey, 4 bedroom detached sold subject to contract

and this from http://www.iomtoday.co.im/community/property-lettings/405-000-for-braddan-unit-1-4914141

Age Isle of Man Concern Ltd, 19 Drinkwater Street, Douglas, sold Beech House, Barrule Park, Ramsey, for £147,500 to Hospice Care, The Strang, Braddan

And this planning application

12/01389/B

Erection of a door canopy and erection of an extension to replace existing conservatory to dwelling, Beech House 23 Barrule Park

Are they one and the same property, does anyone know?

Just being nosey.

• Like 1

Look on Google Earth and the online planning applications to find out?

There are hundreds of Beech House, Barrule Park place around now.

Really, someone comes up with a nice house name and everyone steals it.

It was the home of the late Dr. Wadsworth who I believe left it to charity. I too was intrigued by the sale from one charity to another, unless it was left to both and one bought the other's half out and is now able to realise it's asset.

It was the home of the late Dr. Wadsworth who I believe left it to charity. I too was intrigued by the sale from one charity to another, unless it was left to both and one bought the other's half out and is now able to realise it's asset.

That would also explain the rather steep discount to the listed price!

Looks like the property was left to two charities, one bought out the others share. The applicant for the Planning Approval is Hospice. Existing and Proposed uses are for residential, so maybe they are putting a bit of money into it to improve it to make it a better sell.

Looks like the property was left to two charities, one bought out the others share. The applicant for the Planning Approval is Hospice. Existing and Proposed uses are for residential, so maybe they are putting a bit of money into it to improve it to make it a better sell.

Isn't that property developing?