Look, he's only young, he's learned a lesson and he won't do it again. Now can we brush it under the carpet without any consequences and move on?

(This seemed acceptable as an apology this time last year, so thought it might work again)

And how many buses has Juan been sick on in the last 12 months? Success !!!

(censorship, on the other hand, have been regurgitating the topic rather a lot tongue.png)

Who's Juan?
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be honest ldv, I don't know...as a mother of three kids the knee jerk reaction is to lock them away..forever....how do you help someone so depraved? I don't know? It just worries me that this boy

Look, he's only young, he's learned a lesson and he won't do it again. Now can we brush it under the carpet without any consequences and move on? (This seemed acceptable as an apology this time last

Hang the cunts - there are to many of them hiding away on the island. When I catch up with him I will knock his teeth out.   Your all to soft - your a pedo you deserve to be hung by the neck.   Ev

Clinical castration. remove the source of hormones that drive the sexual urges.

Oh he has rights .... f@ck em....

Spock said 'the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few', how right that line was. (I'm not a trekky, everyone knows trekkies are paedos :/)

In typical Isle of Man style I heard that this gentleman is now a full time student studying video and digital media in the UK. You couldn't make these things up sometimes. No wonder they are questioning the student award system.

Edited by localyokel

They seem to be very optimistic about the success rate of treatment. I always understood it is very difficult to achieve. Pioneers such as Ray Wyre did have some success and I think Grendon Underwood is still the only prison that has a therapeutic community for sex offenders.

In typical Isle of Man style I heard that this gentleman is now a full time student studying video and digital media in the UK. You couldn't make these things up sometimes.

Really, that's as bad as some pissed up suit vomiting on a bus and then waking up as the person responsible for policing, social order and aclohol strategy!

In typical Isle of Man style I heard that this gentleman is now a full time student studying video and digital media in the UK. You couldn't make these things up sometimes.

Really, that's as bad as some pissed up suit vomiting on a bus and then waking up as the person responsible for policing, social order and aclohol strategy!

I believe that is bizarrely the case.

The problem is that the newspaper report does not contain that much information or report what the Court findings were clearly. I notice that some of the images were four years old - so at the time he would have been 15/16 years old himself. It begs the question what were the ages of the children in the images he possessed though to be? Were they other under age teenagers (after all they now send pictures via text to each other) or were they of infants?

I would look up the classification of the images but I am not sure I want to search on google for that information!

If the images were of children around the same age as he was when he obtained them does that make the offence a lesser one or is it all the same?

Apologies for drifting off topic a bit but these things sometimes need to be said.
Athough you were talking about an instance where someone posed a continuing risk after punishment. If someone is deemed to present a continuing risk then they should be removed from society. Not sure where they should be put though.

Not at all sure what the answer is in the current case on this thread. I would hope that presumably (?) there will be some ongoing monitoring of the individual.

What I find really disturbing is how the vast majority of abuse is within families and seemingly very often covered up by both the offender and his/her partner. There are a lot of youngsters out there who are being abused and no action can be taken. I read recently that when someone is abused in the home they are 5 times more likley to grow up as an abuser themselves.

The media are, perhaps understandably, more interested in the sensational cases but they seem to be the tip of the iceberg.

Off topic but why did this appear on the daily news part of the website despite the case being resolved 4 years ago?

It does seem a bit iffy, he was underage at the time which given what we know, could make it just normal teenager (in these days of "sexting) behavior.

That it has been dragged up now, when he is an adult, which to the casual observer makes him look like a peodo, is something that does make you wonder, why now?

Probably something to do with the 'Sarahs law" thing which was being discussed in Tynwald or something. I didn't notice the date but wasn't overly impressed with it being raked up (I do not know the person) it's like the wanking in a lane thing, 'whatever'.

Does imprisoning someone stop predatory paedophile behaviour? How do you punish and prevent in cases like this?

Hang the cunts - there are to many of them hiding away on the island. When I catch up with him I will knock his teeth out.

Your all to soft - your a pedo you deserve to be hung by the neck.

Every other week in the paper there are similar story's - never mind using up tax payers money keeping them comfortable in prison or tagging them - get rid once and for all

• Like 1