Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Aquarius

Refuse Collection

Did you not get a sticker on your bin telling you?

I'm not in Onchan, but I'm sure they used to do that.. Maybe it's a LA cut back? The stickers, not the bin collecting.

I got something through the door, I have scanned it but can not work out how to upload it to here :-( What is your normal collection day and I can let you know

Edited to say Kevster got there while I was trying to work it out thumbsup.gif

Edited by Sammy

Its wierd isn't it? We had a similar thread last year for the corpy and the answer iirc was a hyperlink to the website.

The local authorities place notices in the press (at a cost to the ratepayer) maintain a website (in some cases, also at a cost to the ratepayer) and seemingly distribute flyers (at a cost to the ratepayer).

Despite all the costly info, some householders rely on MF for the info. Perhaps MF should be funded by ratepayers.

No disrespect intended to the OP here by the way - just an observation.

No offence taken. But I thought MF was a place where information could be shared. I didn't get a flyer and didn't actually realise there was a website with the details on, so I thought, I know - there is bound to be a MF person living in Onchan who will be able to tell me what I need to know. And there was. Job done. With no bitching either. The thread could be removed now - but I don't know how to do that either. ( oh - and I am most definitely a ratepayer! : )

Where I live in Douglas, normal rubbish collection is on a Monday. I would have assumed therefore no problem this week. However, no sign of them on Monday (overflowing bins everywhere), but there they were yesterday (Boxing Day). Nothing to do with overtime rates, I trust? Also, I attempted to trace details of the Christmas service on the Borough Council's all-singing new website, but found nothing.