Pinewood...more Govt Propaganda

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are so fortunate on the Isle of Man having a Government that is brave enough, even heroically courageous, to take risks with the public’s money in the way it has, and does. We are especially fortun

4. KEY ISSUES OF CONCERN (1): GOVERNANCE ISSUES TRANSPARENCY AND ACCOUNTABILITY “4.2 When, in 2007, the arrangements with CinemaNX were being set up, no consideration appears to have been given t

IoMG took a punt. A desperate, £50M punt. They didn't have a mandate to do it. They've lost @ 2/3rds of the stake.   Tales of unquantifiable benefits and making £2.5M back are just trying to bury th

Posted Images

There'll be a big drop in the share price now.

Doubt anyone expected the planning to go through. I'm usually wrong...

Well, someone must've believed it'd go through, this was either the second or third appeal.

Unlikely with less than 1% free float shares. Pinewood said that if the local application failed that they'd appeal to the government, so the process isn't over yet.

Unlikely with less than 1% free float shares. Pinewood said that if the local application failed that they'd appeal to the government, so the process isn't over yet.

I'm not sure why you're so pro pinewood, but in my opinion the iomgov shouldn't be directly investing so much in such a small company, they should have our money in a wide basket of diversified large companies and only hold a tiny fraction of said companies.
  • Like 1

I'm not sure why you're so pro pinewood, but in my opinion the iomgov shouldn't be directly investing so much in such a small company, they should have our money in a wide basket of diversified large companies and only hold a tiny fraction of said companies.

I'm not pro the investment at all. I personally think the media development fund would have been better spent on local investments and the reserves that were invested in pinewood kept with the existing fund managers who seem to be doing a good job. I think A failed slew of film investments could have seen the remaining funds channeled towards the future, new media, app devs, animators, etc.

I'm pro the british film industry though, I like british film vs hollywood and regret the loss of uk funding. I'm also anti bollocks, and there's a fair bit of it on here smile.png

I'm not pro the investment at all. I personally think the media development fund would have been better spent on local investments and the reserves that were invested in pinewood kept with the existing fund managers who seem to be doing a good job. I think A failed slew of film investments could have seen the remaining funds channeled towards the future, new media, app devs, animators, etc.

I'm pro the british film industry though, I like british film vs hollywood and regret the loss of uk funding. I'm also anti bollocks, and there's a fair bit of it on here smile.png

How can you be anti bollocks and yet post like your uncle bollocks?

This is a failed housing development for 1,000 properties on a Buckinghamshire green belt. Yes there are only a few free float shareholders but i can certainly see this affecting the share price short term as they can't ignore that the potential to capitalize on the planning approval was priced in when the company was valued. If there's anyone who knows about what to do to get planning for housing on a site not zoned for housing then its Uncle Allan so this might still have legs yet.

Here's a bit that aint bollocks :

We are already 8 million quid light on the initial (second tranche) investment as we have a basket (case) of films which are unlikely to ever break even let alone make any money !

I had rather hoped that the share price was going to be the saviour of this latest foray into the film industry but seeing the latest planning application is facing a refusal or at least huge delays the hope is fast disappearing.

As for the bollocks about bed nights and some fish and chips in Castletown and half the population employed in some way no I don't fall for that either !

• Like 2

The diversity of the share ownership is irrelevent. You can't ignore basic stock market valuation and accountancy rules just because you own most of the shares in a listed business. If the land was valued at X and its now potentially worth Y because expected planning has not gone through this will affect the value of the business and potentially its share price. It depends how they valued the land that the planning was linked to when they re launched the shares.

Edited by thesultanofsheight

Wonder if this will be in the questions in Tynwald tomorrow? I'd like to see Fast Eddie's face.....

This is really good news! Now Pinewood is not being expanded it will result in more films having to be made in the IoM resulting in many more millions being spent in the IoM. This will require lots of hotel space for accommodation which will benefit the Sefton Group.

This is a real winner all round for the Island and Eddie had factored this all in when he did his due diligence. Do we not understand yet that it is wrong to question the wisdom of the great Eddie, an ex redundant bank manager who was so in demand post redundancy he was a runner for a local law firm.

on MR it reports:_

Pinewood investment still safe: Minister
Published online at 16/05/2013 12:33:00
teare160513.jpg

Treasury Minister Eddie Teare says the Island’s investment in Pinewood has been vindicated by a rising share price – despite ambitious expansion plans being turned down.

Yesterday, South Buckinghamshire Council told the film studio behind James Bond blockbuster Skyfall was told it couldn’t go ahead with a £200 million expansion plan.

The Manx government holds a ten per cent stake in the firm, and Mr Teare says the planning application will now go to UK Communities Minister Eric Pickles.

Mr Teare says the setback didn’t affect the value of the government’s investment:

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShareChart.asp?sharechart=PWS eh??