19 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Part of it, ostensibly, is to transport our refuse to the incinerator to give the operators free fuel to generate electricity which is then sold back to our Government?

On the face of it, seems a nice earner for somebody?

I always thought it odd that we built a great new incinerator , energy from waste, then immediately started saving all combustible material and paying thousands to ship it away, then paying for crap to be imported to burn. Mental . How many companies have made fortunes from this fiasco?

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just put it in the normal bin. Nobody checks. Nobody cares. Least of all me.

In respect of reprocessing and recycling, we need to massively up our game. Introducing phoney charges like this just bumps up the unit costs and makes it less attractive. can they just not accep

Tosser at the tip turned me away the other day because the man's van (who was helping me to bring things down) was too big - total jobsworth told me I could go home and put the items in my car and do

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, WTF said:

wait till it turns brown then.

Lots of brown waste in the bin at the house I work at. Lazy dog owners can’t take their little bags of shit home With them , so they bin them in the first private bin they see. Pisses me off big time, but better they do that than hang the bags from bushes or branches. Serious and sensible dog owners must despair at the actions of the ignorant minority.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I always thought it odd that we built a great new incinerator , energy from waste, then immediately started saving all combustible material and paying thousands to ship it away, then paying for crap to be imported to burn. Mental . How many companies have made fortunes from this fiasco?

Best not mention the red diesel then!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

Compost it. Do you get the option to buy a grey composting bin in Onchan.? We do in Douglas, but then we are ahead of the game. We also have paper, glass , plastic and cans collected. Thought you did too.

If I could have composted it I wouldn't have gone down to the amenity site!

The thing that has pissed me off is that the operator didn't even bother to tell anyone through the myriad media outlets at their disposal (pun intended).

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

You need to actually think again . How often do you use the place and have you any idea about the cost of handlIng and shipping paper, metal, cardboard, fridges TVs etc etc ?

I doubt you’ll get a response from the OP given this is from 7 years ago.....

11 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I doubt you’ll get a response from the OP given this is from 7 years ago.....

:lol: didn’t see that. I doubt the other posters did either. Thank you for confirming I am getting old and missing the obvious.

18 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Lots of brown waste in the bin at the house I work at. Lazy dog owners can’t take their little bags of shit home With them , so they bin them in the first private bin they see. Pisses me off big time, but better they do that than hang the bags from bushes or branches. Serious and sensible dog owners must despair at the actions of the ignorant minority.

Is that because you are one of those people who leaves their wheelie bin out all the time. If I see one, its fair game and I pop my fully sealed and filled poo bag in the first one I come across:whistling:

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Is that because you are one of those people who leaves their wheelie bin out all the time. If I see one, its fair game and I pop my fully sealed and filled poo bag in the first one I come across:whistling:

No. The bin is on private land, but accessible. Still no excuse for others to pop anything into It. As for comi........

10 hours ago, dilligaf said:

No. The bin is on private land, but accessible. Still no excuse for others to pop anything into It. As for comi........

The answer to the "dog poo bag disposal" issue is simple.

YOUR DOG can shit in YOUR GARDEN!

Simples.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Happier diner said:

£5000 fine if you leave your bin out - I read about it on the side of a bin wagon once.

1 hour ago, 2bees said:

£5000 fine if you leave your bin out - I read about it on the side of a bin wagon once.

Its doesn't seem to be a deterrent. Bit like double yellow lines. There's been a big decorators hoist thing parked at the end of brunswick road since last saturday. Its on the footpath and the double yellow and obscuring the back lane. Police drive past with their blinkers on. Was stuck their yesterday as a large van was coming the other way. Police car was struggling to get through and they shrugged their shoulders at the aforesaid obstruction but did nothing. Maybe late for chippy. Goodness knows what happens if there is a fire. Fire crew will have to run their giant hoses down from the end and dodge in and out of the wheelie bins. Be like 'Its a Knockout'. 

• Sad 1

Tosser at the tip turned me away the other day because the man's van (who was helping me to bring things down) was too big - total jobsworth told me I could go home and put the items in my car and do two trips if necessary or I could come with the van on Monday or Wednesday, completely ridiculous. Suffice to say I went to St Johns where they're not dickheads.

• Like 3