Leisure Time, 3Rd Party Given Debit Card Details

craftybee

Have you or anyone you know received a mailout from 'Leisure Time' and had an unauthorised amount of £99.99 taken out of their bank account recently? If so, please pm me or leave a comment. Many thanks

This thread gives some possible detail... http://whocallsme.co...spx/08448489561

Becoming more frequent when shopping with some firms that they pass you off to a firm for a 'trial'. I try to always read the small print and exclude any marketing referrals to 3rd parties etc.

Yes looks dodgy but that doesn't explain how they get the bank details because company A would be breaching its licence by passing on the customer's payment details to company B. That's the biggest NO NO in the book.

• Like 1

Had you had a previous relationship with them such as a continuing debit authority or otherwise given them your bank details?

Never heard of them until I saw the amount taken from the account and rec'd the brochure. I never agree to 3rd party referrals or services when buying.

I have received a refund but my goal is now to determine which company gave them my details in the first place. Just interested to hear if anyone has had a similar experience with them.

Edited by craftybee

This thread gives some possible detail... http://whocallsme.co...spx/08448489561

Becoming more frequent when shopping with some firms that they pass you off to a firm for a 'trial'. I try to always read the small print and exclude any marketing referrals to 3rd parties etc.

Yes looks dodgy but that doesn't explain how they get the bank details because company A would be breaching its licence by passing on the customer's payment details to company B. That's the biggest NO NO in the book.

Absolutely. The company I dealt with has passed on my card details without my authorisation and without my knowledge. I have received a refund and have cancelled my card. Just waiting on confirmation which company it was that passed my details on.

Had you had a previous relationship with them such as a continuing debit authority or otherwise given them your bank details?

Never heard of them until I saw the amount taken from the account and rec'd the brochure. I never agree to 3rd party referrals or services when buying.

I have received a refund but my goal is now to determine which company gave them my details in the first place. Just interested to hear if anyone has had a similar experience with them.

Shocking. Good Luck. Make them sorry they chose to scam you!

• Like 1

That's them. I have never heard of them. I'm in the process of determining who passed on my details to them & have narrowed it down to two possibilties. Feckers! :/