Flu Vaccine

Voyeur

See the Dept Health have issued a reminder for 'at risk' people to get a flu jab.

When I enquired with my GP last week about getting one, they told me it's completely run out in the whole north west of the UK!!

Any suggestions on where to ask now??

See the Dept Health have issued a reminder for 'at risk' people to get a flu jab.

When I enquired with my GP last week about getting one, they told me it's completely run out in the whole north west of the UK!!

Any suggestions on where to ask now??

Why would you want a flu jab?

• Like 3

Flu jabs increase your resistance to some flu strains, usually the three most virilent at the time of the jab. Doesn't mean you won't get flu, but it helps fight it. Useful for peopple with Asthma and other respiratory diseases.

Unless of course you are a secret microbiologist and can prove it not to be the case. (without using internet conspiracy websites)

Looking to get the jab as I'm pregnant and medical advice is that this is the best way to protect myself and my unborn child.

Nothing to do with 'believing propaganda' so thanks very much for the 'helpful' comments Lxxx - was only looking for some advice.

Looking to get the jab as I'm pregnant and medical advice is that this is the best way to protect myself and my unborn child.

Nothing to do with 'believing propaganda' so thanks very much for the 'helpful' comments Lxxx - was only looking for some advice.

Woooah..!! You're pregnant and you're looking to get a flu jab??!! If I were in your position I would start doing some research of your own instead of blindly accepting medical opinion as we did with my other half. Have a look at what's in it and ask yourself if you want those toxic ingredients in your body at this delicate stage.

It's just my opinion of course and I would never tell anyone what to do but why opt for something that proper nutrition can quite easily replicate, with the added benefits for your unborn child's health.

Edited by Lxxx
  • Like 3

Hopefully she'll pay attention to the professionals who know what they're doing rather than some tin hatter on an internet forum.

Some research released recently:

http://www.nejm.org/...=featured_home

"During the 2009 influenza A (H1N1) pandemic, pregnant women were at risk for severe influenza illness. This concern was complicated by questions about vaccine safety in pregnant women that were raised by anecdotal reports of fetal deaths after vaccination.

Pandemic influenza virus infection in pregnancy was associated with an increased risk of fetal death. Vaccination during pregnancy reduced the risk of an influenza diagnosis. Vaccination itself was not associated with increased fetal mortality and may have reduced the risk of influenza-related fetal death during the pandemic"

But that's what THEY want you to think eh Lxxx? Follow the money, etc.

Voyeur: Tried ringing the dept of health? They were issuing advice to get the jab if you were at risk.

• Like 1

It's just my opinion of course and I would never tell anyone what to do but why opt for something that proper nutrition can quite easily replicate, with the added benefits for your unborn child's health.

I'm not sure what you're eating that you believe causes you to develop flu antibodies, but it doesn't.

Hopefully she'll pay attention to the professionals who know what they're doing rather than some tin hatter on an internet forum.

Some research released recently:

http://www.nejm.org/...=featured_home

"During the 2009 influenza A (H1N1) pandemic, pregnant women were at risk for severe influenza illness. This concern was complicated by questions about vaccine safety in pregnant women that were raised by anecdotal reports of fetal deaths after vaccination.

Pandemic influenza virus infection in pregnancy was associated with an increased risk of fetal death. Vaccination during pregnancy reduced the risk of an influenza diagnosis. Vaccination itself was not associated with increased fetal mortality and may have reduced the risk of influenza-related fetal death during the pandemic"

But that's what THEY want you to think eh Lxxx? Follow the money, etc.

But everything the Government and scientists say is a lie! The only people who really know the truth are the ones that run self-cited websites that look like they were made in 1985. By a blind child.

• Like 1