Tt 2013

manxie44

Brilliant idea announced for TT 2013 at an area near Creg ny Baa. It is hoped to run 'Motofest' each day during TT Week with Music , Vintage Bikes and other 'Biker' entertainments etc. All it needs now is permission, but as its not the TT Organisers idea, that might not be straightforward. Anyway good luck to all involved in creating something for the true fans, not just for 'Corporate' jollies.

• Like 1

Brilliant idea announced for TT 2013 at an area near Creg ny Baa. It is hoped to run 'Motofest' each day during TT Week with Music , Vintage Bikes and other 'Biker' entertainments etc. All it needs now is permission, but as its not the TT Organisers idea, that might not be straightforward. Anyway good luck to all involved in creating something for the true fans, not just for 'Corporate' jollies.

Is this the same event someone mentioned some months ago, being a few miles from the start ?. I've just seen their web page and it sounds very good (esp. the exotic dancers). I wish them well and hope they get some decent weather !!!

A great idea, many people already mill around the Creg, I just hope that people are sensible with their alcohol consumption.

It may take a bit of atmosphere away from Douglas but it gives the visitors more choice of things to do!

why does it remove anything from douglas??? the same old shit will still be in douglas, it just gives a new alternative to the same shit in douglas, are all people supposed to be coralled in douglas during TT week to have their fun there or else???

A great idea, many people already mill around the Creg, I just hope that people are sensible with their alcohol consumption.

It may take a bit of atmosphere away from Douglas but it gives the visitors more choice of things to do!

why does it remove anything from douglas??? the same old shit will still be in douglas, it just gives a new alternative to the same shit in douglas, are all people supposed to be coralled in douglas during TT week to have their fun there or else???

Isn't that what I was saying?

Isn't that what I was saying?

not sure, you mentioned removing atmosphere, is atmosphere people?

My main concern would be for potential drink driving, it would be far better if there was camping too. Reasonable walking distance to any major conurbation would be a better option. Somewhere comparable to where the Douglas Head scramble used to be held, or it's Ramsey/Peel equivalent perhaps.

Though by then we might have 100 pissed up visitors and locals at a time getting shipped around on bendy buses at midnight, singing..."there was 100 pissed up bikers, standing on a bus...and if one pissed up biker should accidently fall..."

Edited by Albert Tatlock
  • Like 3

My main concern would be for potential drink driving, it would be far better if there was camping too. Reasonable walking distance to any major conurbation would be a better option. Somewhere comparable to where the Douglas Head scramble used to be held, or it's Ramsey/Peel equivalent perhaps.

Though by then we might have 100 pissed up visitors and locals at a time getting shipped around on bendy buses at midnight, singing..."there was 100 pissed up bikers, standing on a bus...and if one pissed up biker should accidently fall..."

Most visiting bikers honesty now or camp so the drink drive issue does not really stack up anymore!

Most visiting bikers honesty now or camp so the drink drive issue does not really stack up anymore!

You still have to get to your homestay or camp site, there has always been camping at the TT. I don't think people generally are as likely to drink and ride/drive as they were at one time, but there are still a few who will.

Like Douglas is the be all and end all, why the hell has all the good stuff got to be there, we all finance it so let's have the opportunity to spread the benefits

Good grief, who is arguing? The only thing the Tourism Dept pay for is the tiresome prom entertainment, everything else is done by individuals or local authorities with their own money, e.g. Bushy's and the Grandstand beer tents.

It's just a fact that when people are dispersed it lessens the atmosphere. All the good stuff isn't in Douglas, it just happens that the start is in Douglas and as most people stay around the largest town there is a bit more going on there?

Ramsey has the sprint, Castletown has the Pre TT Classic and the TT trial, Peel used to have Honda day. There has to be a centre of some sort and it's not as if the island is exactly huge and transport non existent?

If you can think of something to attract people to Andreas or Port St Mary then why not have a go?