Blues At The Institute, Laxey

Some great local musicians, plus the little band I'm in (Stalking Heads) with a guest singer for a change!

Evening of Saturday 23rd February. Not licensed, but I think BYO is allowed, and plenty of pubs nearby.

Come along and say hello - I'll be the one playing all the duff low notes!

Just checked the organiser's FB page for gig details. It's the last one for this season. Featuring The Big Wheel Blues Band, Stalking Heads and Loose Crew. Tickets £5 from Peter Norris Music, etickets.im.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you enjoyed it MM - sound controlled by the venue, so I can't really comment. We certainly enjoyed this brief leg of our 2013 world tour.

Glad you enjoyed it MM - sound controlled by the venue, so I can't really comment. We certainly enjoyed this brief leg of our 2013 world tour.

Actually, the WMI really only controlled the PA which was battling with the guitar amps over which it had no control. If you want to hear singers over the guitars then the PA gets louder - I think the problem is age old, guitarists have a volume control over which they seem hell bent in making sure it is set to max. If we have complete control over the sound, as we have done for many events, we can control the volume and it is a much nicer experience for all concerned.....but then that's not rock 'n roll!