Southern Area Plan Voted Through By Non-Representatives

Fossils

http://www.iomtoday....-plan-1-5432078

Despite the massive concerns expressed by local residents, and the vociferous objections from the elected representatives for the area, the Ballakilley site has been approved for housing.

This confirms to me that this whole consultative process was pointless and farcical. In future simply ignore the wishes of the residents and save hundreds of thousands of pounds. That should help your budget Mr Teare.

I wonder which developer already had the deal set up will get the site?

2745528126.jpg

• Like 5

Minister David Cretney said words to the effect that he was supporting the plan but wouldn't want any harm to the area because his Grandfather lived up Surby? WTF that had to do with it I don't know. (I'll find his irrelevant words when they come on Hansard.)

CAnnot remember the name, but it was left in trust to be used for sport and recreational purposes, which is want the area needs. Not another 3000 shit makers to clog up the sewage system.

Tynwald is obviously an ill informed public forum that should be shut down.

• Like 6

I believe the land is part of the Clucas Estate from Andreas (Not Stan Clucas from Ballafesson) and, that a local large developer over here wink.pngwink.png had "purchased the option / made a donation to the Estate" to have '1st refusal' on the land, allegedly, if i recall that correctly from the meeting a couple of years back at Rushen Primary School.Seems the whole process was a complete waste of time and proves the system is 'flawed'!

How can 'they' approve a scheme that is so clearly not wanted by the local people and the last 17 years of Local Commissioners and elected MHK's.

Cambon is correct in saying the land was left to the local Community in the will of the Land Owner at the time as he wanted it to be used for Recreational Use and not housing.

Kirk Michael recently managed to have their expansion stopped due to public (& Local and Parliamentary) input - surely the the number of people objecting to the Southern Plan must be able to do the same....?

Shocking...Appalling... don't even come close.

As stated earlier there is a number of people involved with this verdict who appear to be ill-informed. At least the elected MHK's for Rushen fought strongly against it.

But then again, history shows that money does talk on this Island - if they agree to take on the much hated and un-supported 'Bendy Buses', what chance have we got of stopping this.

Farce!

Edited by Manxman16
  • Like 3

Interesting that the original plan put before the inquiry is different to the plan now in circulation.

Not that interesting, local plans evolve through a long route of consultation, inquiry and political decision. That's the process.

& then the achievements of the consultation process are entirely ignored

Planning appeals officer then approves something entirely different

& then the achievements of the consultation process are entirely ignored

Planning appeals officer then approves something entirely different

Sorry, I don't follow what you mean, what have planning appeals got to do with the area plan adoption?

The Minister has the final decision on planning appeals.

Have to say I was astonished - at the time - that Tynwald approved a proposal that was opposed by all the Rushen MHKs, PE, PSM + Rushen Commissioners, and the majority of the local population

However, they then moved on to approve the student fees proposals which were frankly daft & had produced the biggest Tynwald post-bag in recent memory - with even the Bishop voting in favour

I'm now further convinced that they put something in the air-conditioning to bend them all to CoMins will

• Like 1