Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Xpert

Honda Tt Legends

I see the Honda TT legends documentary is to be shown on ITV4 again tonight with the focus on last year's TT races. Having watched the previous programmes I noted how the riders and bikes were branded with the Three legs symbol plus the letters TT. Which made me think did they need permission to use them and if so how much would they have been charged?

But then I got to thinking, the likelihood is that the team is actually funded by Isle of Man taxpayers in some sort of branding exercise

Anyone know if this is true?

the likelihood is that the team is actually funded by Isle of Man taxpayers in some sort of branding exercise

Stop just making shit up. There's enough actual crap happening to deal with without twats like you creating things to get upset about.

Please confirm it's crap then ...or confirm they pay to use the images etc

Plus you missed out the 'anyone know if this is true?' part of my post

Whereas the official "Isle of Man TT" logo will be a trademark protected by law, the 3 Legs symbol and the simple use of ""TT" will not be. So no royalties due.

They would certainly need permission to use the symbol, certainly 'TT' anyway. The 'three legs logo' is free to use for anyone that feels like it, the official government seal however needs permission. I know of a person that built a multi prize winning vehicle, exhibited it all over UK and Europe, got front page of magazine treatment and many accolades for his work. Only problem was when someone wrote to the IOM Gov and grassed him up for using the IOM seal on the paintwork. No publicity from the Gov even though he made loads of good publicity for the island, just a terse letter to not do it again, freedom to flourish and all that.

(google 'Mad Manx' for images)

They would certainly need permission to use the symbol, certainly 'TT' anyway. The 'three legs logo' is free to use for anyone that feels like it, the official government seal however needs permission. I know of a person that built a multi prize winning vehicle, exhibited it all over UK and Europe, got front page of magazine treatment and many accolades for his work. Only problem was when someone wrote to the IOM Gov and grassed him up for using the IOM seal on the paintwork. No publicity from the Gov even though he made loads of good publicity for the island, just a terse letter to not do it again, freedom to flourish and all that.

(google 'Mad Manx' for images)

I disagree with your opening assertion - unless by "symbol" you are referring to that which I described. The use merely of the twin capitals "TT" I am sure would not require permission as I doubt very much that it is a registered trademark.

• Like 1

Please confirm it's crap then ...or confirm they pay to use the images etc

Plus you missed out the 'anyone know if this is true?' part of my post

But that's typical of the sort of wank post which discredits the forum...'I've made up some scurrilous bollocks alleging taxpayer funds have been misused, so I have planted the seed of doubt, but will cover myself by saying anyone know if this shite is true?'
  • Like 2

I think you will find they get the use of the TT logo when they sign up to race here every TT.

TT event is more than happy having major teams turn up, if it was upto the bigger race teams on how long the event should run they would prefer only to be here for a week as two weeks is to long.

censorship - are you Geoff Corkish in disguise?

I don't think he/she is..... But you and Patrick are doing a sterling job of proving Geoff Corkish correct.... So stop now!

censorship - are you Geoff Corkish in disguise?

No. Are you, as you seem bent on destroying the forum's credibility by making up rubbish and posting your imagined shite in the form of a question

how is asking a question, rubbish?

all I've done is queried something, not made up some outlandish lie

when did this stop being a forum?

the likelihood is that the team is actually funded by Isle of Man taxpayers in some sort of branding exercise

That looks like adding two and two and making six!

That looks like adding two and two and making six!

The default outcome when Xpert - I'm still chuckling - adds two and two.