Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Ruby

Copyright On Photos

I have noticed recently that a mini wanna be local celeb is downloading photos on facebook and putting his name on them like he has taken the photographs

Surely copyright would mean he cannot do this?

It probably does but I suspect it would be up to someone to challenge him over it, probably costs more in time, money and effort than its worth.

Just seems a bit unfair that someone else has done all the work and he can take credit for it, thats life i suppose

I didn't think for a moment he'd taken them all, would have to be bloody old if he had. It handy having them all in one place though.

Loads of people share photographs on FB and the like, I never presume the person posting the pic has taken it.

• Like 1

I have noticed recently that a mini wanna be local celeb is downloading photos on facebook and putting his name on them like he has taken the photographs

Surely copyright would mean he cannot do this?

"A mini wanna be local celeb" --- sorry, you're going to have to narrow it down a bit more than that.

• Like 2

another forum I visit has had trouble with the odd 'tealeaf' lifting their photos and everyone now copyright watermarks them to stop people pinching them and selling them to magazines etc as their own

(I usually crop mine slightly and watermark so that I can prove I have the original !)

I know of occasions where people are just too enthusiastic and repost images from elsewhere without permission or credit until they are told how that just aint cricket and to desist :lol:

Is this the 'manxman' user on Facebook?

Who is Manxman, anyway? He or she added me and then I immediately deleted them in case they were a pervert.

Is this the 'manxman' user on Facebook?

Who is Manxman, anyway? He or she added me and then I immediately deleted them in case they were a pervert.

I made the mistake of adding him too, soon deleted when I found out who it was though

I enjoyed the albums. He nicked a couple of my photos and uploaded them but I didn't lose any sleep but now he appears to think he is the local news and is becoming abit odd. The whole superhero manx man / batman thing. Bizzar