Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
vikingdoom

Farming Madness

Haverigg is an open prison, they're pretty much free to come and go as they please up there...it is in the middle of nowhere too so they've nowhere to escape to.

Because escaping on a small Island surrounded by the Irish Sea is easy wink.png

EDIT: Haverigg have had a couple of escapes too.

What the hell were the farmers of this island thinking of? pregnant sheep left out in exposed places when a bloody blizzard is forecast? then whingeing because they find them dead. what the hell did you think was going to happen? how much does a simple shelter cost? if I did that to my dog I would be prosecuted and not allowed to keep any more animals. why are the MSPCA not up in arms about this? Why are these people allowed to keep animals? maybe we should look again at laws to protect animals on his island, and impose stiffer penalties for people who allow this to happen.

We don't eat dogs.

But if we did, I expect we probably wouldn't provide sufficient shelter for them and mass farm them for food too.

The news report on the BBC was ironic. So much "love" for the cute little lovely animals, rescued by heroes that are only going to end up getting slaughtered by the hand that rescues them anyway! If I were one of those animals I'd much rather go on the countryside under the snow.

Mike (not a vegetarian)

You'd rather die a slow cold agonizing death, than a quick minimal pain and controlled procedure? I know I would rather go through the abattoir than die in a snow drift. In fact I'd rather be despatched in there than Rot away in an old folks home.

I asked as to why prisoners aren't helping out there and was sort of told that it's down to things like health and safety!!!

(still shaking head)

I see on the news HMP Haverigg were letting prisoners out to dig out sheep in Cumbria, so health and safety doesn't seem an issue. Probably the staff in the IOM didn't fancy the cold eh?!

http://www.nwemail.c...ferrerPath=home

I understand that the problem isn't with the wing units staff as they've been out in their own time digging out animals. Letting prisoners out is a decision for those who wear the suits.

As are all decisions these days, and as with this decision and all the others, the suits are usually wrong cause they don't have the practical know-how, and will not under any conditions admit they are wrong. Will we ever get back to having people in charge who have experience and common- sense ? Not if the suits can help it.

What the hell were the farmers of this island thinking of? pregnant sheep left out in exposed places when a bloody blizzard is forecast? then whingeing because they find them dead. what the hell did you think was going to happen? how much does a simple shelter cost? if I did that to my dog I would be prosecuted and not allowed to keep any more animals. why are the MSPCA not up in arms about this? Why are these people allowed to keep animals? maybe we should look again at laws to protect animals on his island, and impose stiffer penalties for people who allow this to happen.

Well said, I totally agree. I would not give a penny to these rich landowners now out with their begging bowls bevcause they were too lazy to try to save their animals. The MSPCA should prosecute them for causing unnecessary suffering and thery should be banned for life from owning animals.

Well said, I totally agree. I would not give a penny to these rich landowners now out with their begging bowls bevcause they were too lazy to try to save their animals. The MSPCA should prosecute them for causing unnecessary suffering and thery should be banned for life from owning animals.

Being so stupid, you should have been put down at birth to discourage any breeding, but hey I appreciate we all have different opinions on life.

• Like 4

Being so stupid, you should have been put down at birth to discourage any breeding, but hey I appreciate we all have different opinions on life.

I suppose it's a bit late to say Troll alert now with regards to VikingDoom and butterflies (probably the same person) as if they'd have read what has been said before, they'd have noticed that even newly put up sheds collapsed because of the sheer weight of the snow. Edited by manxy

For some reason, whenever I read LDV, I think of this.

Small minds, easily amused.

Empty vessels make the most noise.

There you go again, derogating someone by insulting their integrity and intelligence when confronted by a comment you don't like.

• Like 2

Of course and I could the same for you in your hypocrisy, as you being a hypocrite in calling into question my reply and not their post. Besides, if they didn't get my posts on the other thread then they really can't be that bright at all.

Edited by La_Dolce_Vita

For some reason, whenever I read LDV, I think of this.

Why not try and say something interesting rather than being funny, it's not your strong point.

So all landowners are rich? You're an idiot, nuff said.

• Like 6