Mcguinness's

fatshaft

Well done to him and molly, personally i think john should hang up his boots, he has proved himself enough.

I personally don't know why david jefferies never got an honour like this, i was a massive fan of DJ the guy was awesome, how he threw a bike about was fantastic and so much talent and really down to earth.

+1 crying.gif

An admirable quality that not many people possess. It means that a person may have accomplished a lot, or be a lot but doesn't feel it is necessary to advertise or brag about it.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=humble (and similar in other sources)

In other words, it is an honour that he wasn't looking for, but he's amazingly proud of..

The words of a really unselfish person.

I think I'll take Chambers definition over Urban Dictionary.

An admirable quality that not many people possess. It means that a person may have accomplished a lot, or be a lot but doesn't feel it is necessary to advertise or brag about it.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=humble (and similar in other sources)

In other words, it is an honour that he wasn't looking for, but he's amazingly proud of..

The words of a really unselfish person.

I think I'll take Chambers definition over Urban Dictionary.

Why comment at all, if all you are going to do is belittle the comments of two great sportsmen who have received well deserved honours?.I am no great TT fan, but I know enough to know that these honours are very much deserved.

I tend to agree with a lot of your posts, so I'm at a loss to understand your point here, I really am.

• Like 1

I've not belittled anyone, I've merely commented on an unusual turn of phrase.

But in a previous post you said "lots of people use it in the same circumstances". Now you say it's an unusual turn of phrase. In any case, with or without the Chambers dictionary I think we all know what he meant, so it is a bit pedantic to bring it up.

I've not belittled anyone, I've merely commented on an unusual turn of phrase.

I would say that it was a very common turn of phrase in that type of situation.

Anyway, they both more than deserve it.

Edit to say that i was too slow to post and was beaten to it by Chris C

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1

I have recently noticed that I cant see any "Likes" on anybodys posts, is it just me or is everyone having the same problem?

Also any post that I click "Like" I no longer see "you like this" but in its place just the "Unlike" button.

Any ideas anyone?

I follow this site on mobile and its always been like that for me. The like tick turns to an unlike X and nothing else.

What a curious logo. Thought it was one of those Russian dolls at first glance. (The traditional ones, not the ones that want £600 for airfare.) Did we pay for the design of that?

Why are we so cynical, and ill-informed?

I admit to being ill informed about the biking logo. Hands up. Shows how interested I am in biking. I'm just glad we haven't paid for it. As for cynicism I thought it was pre-requisite to membership here.

ETA: I am not anti TT and I like the atmosphere. Just that once I've seen the racing I've seen it, so no long term interest. As for John McGuinness, fantastic achievement. Don't know how those fellows do it.

Edited by woolley
  • Like 2

What a curious logo. Thought it was one of those Russian dolls at first glance. (The traditional ones, not the ones that want £600 for airfare.) Did we pay for the design of that?

Why are we so cynical, and ill-informed?

I admit to being ill informed about the biking logo. Hands up. Shows how interested I am in biking. I'm just glad we haven't paid for it. As for cynicism I thought it was pre-requisite to membership here.

ETA: I am not anti TT and I like the atmosphere. Just that once I've seen the racing I've seen it, so no long term interest. As for John McGuinness, fantastic achievement. Don't know how those fellows do it.

+1