Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
wrighty

The Cat Brought Me A Rabbit

could you not have put in an airtight plastic bag squeezed out most of air and sealed bag - suffocation by CO2 is supposed to be a fairly painless way to go

That's a terrible way to die as AC says it is the excess Co2 that cause the gasping reflex. If you know your cat is going to keep bringing rabbits keep a bottle of Helium (from card or party shops I think) around and fill a bag with the rabbit in it. It doesn't cause the gasping reaction and the rabbit just fades out without pain. Its a not so common suicide method. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bag
Does the Rabbit end up being lighter than Hare ?

Brilliant, lol

I once heard from a vet in a radio phone in, that the way to despatch small animals humanely was to put them in the freezer as it slows down the heart rate etc...... Not sure I'd be happy about that hygiene-wise though.....

Surely not for a warm blooded animal? It is supposed to work for cold blooded animals like lobsters, but a rabbit? That surely must be torture.

Surely not for a warm blooded animal? It is supposed to work for cold blooded animals like lobsters, but a rabbit? That surely must be torture.

It'd thaw out, and then come back angry. If the rabbit was unconscious, it wouldn't be so bad, it would let the thing die in peace.

May be we should conduct a survey, normally the rabbits would be asked but seeing as though communication would be difficult lets just use statistical data taken from people instead.

May be we should conduct a survey, normally the rabbits would be asked but seeing as though communication would be difficult lets just use statistical data taken from people instead.

bugs-bunny.jpg

bugs-bunny.jpg

Well this rabbit had a particular aversion to being shot

My chicken is dead. Does this count?

Only if it was alive when you put it in the freezer.