More Great Publicity For The Island....

thebees

As far as I'm concerned, this talk of legislation is a big fuss about nothing.

Yea, we could be the last place on earth to show how libertarian we are by letting owners of cafes, flats etc. to put up "whites only" or any other signs they want.

A libertarian (in the true sense of the word, anarchist) society is not one where many people have their basic freedoms circumscribed.

In a Libertarian society, individuals can choose who they rent their private property to. People have every right to be bigoted assholes on their own private property. I don't understand why any sane person would throw private property rights out of the window just because of one asshole being an asshole to some lesbians. A bit of perspective and common sense wouldn't go amiss.

Friday was International Day Against Homophobia. There was a rainnbow flag flown at eavery police station. Only force in the British Isles or Ireland. Been done last three years as part of the IOM Police diversity and inclusion policy

• Like 1

Friday was International Day Against Homophobia. There was a rainnbow flag flown at eavery police station. Only force in the British Isles or Ireland. Been done last three years as part of the IOM Police diversity and inclusion policy

What a joke.

I'm amazed that people are so surprised to discover that a senior member of a Church is found to be bigoted. No shit, never thought that would happen.

Sometimes I am in two minds about this. For example, you want the Pope to actually believe in the Bible and if he instead remarks:

'Not rather sure about the resurrection, virgin birth, use condoms and I am all for gay marriage and women popes, you might think: 'Hold on, are you in the right job?'

• Like 1

I never knew that. I like it :-)

Oh wow a rainbow flag, the only flag I take any notice off is the Manx national flag

You will always have some people that don't like same sex relationships, get over it

Oh wow a rainbow flag, the only flag I take any notice off is the Manx national flag

You will always have some people that don't like same sex relationships, get over it

Yes. At the moment.

But I suspect in 200 years time everyone will wonder what all the fuss was about.

I think we are closer to the dark ages than we are to the future. I appluad the Manx Police for looking to the future.

Ahhhhh. the future....... a world without flags biggrin.png

It will be a long time coming, but we should all do our wee bit towards it. Forwards not backwards I say tongue.png

Nice gesture but doesn't it a bit sheepish and 'coded'?

It's not going to get in the faces of the bigots and homophobes out there, hanging a towel out of a window.

Very true. All a bit pathetic to me. Almost seems like it was put there by a member of the force who might be of that minority but no-one had the balls, in this politically correct world, to ask him/her to take it down.

I can't think it'd be a directive from the new Chief Constable to hang a rainbow flag out of a window.

Although I may be wrong.

Edited by Lxxx