Campaign To Make Mr Robertshaw Minister Of Ded

Ask Donald Trumps - I'm willing to bet he can tell you absolutely everything you could possibly want to know!wink.png

Fortunately, reading through a few of Robertshaw's posts on here, listening to his witless rhetoric in Tynwald or reading it in the press or in his departments press releases and consultations, and witnessing his general conduct since being made Minister for the department he said he'd never join tells us everything we need to know about Robertshaw.

The blithering egotist's rampant desire for attention and kudos can be satiated by some other means, not one that toys with the Island's future and puts him in another position so far above his abilities.

Edited by VinnieK
  • Like 1
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ask Donald Trumps - I'm willing to bet he can tell you absolutely everything you could possibly want to know!

Donald, the thing about Robertshaw, besides his political inclination and policies, is that he rarely if ever comes accross as having anything in the way of substance and or aptitude for thought and r

Realists hereby petition the Chief Minister to move him as far away from any responsible job as possible. The man is a publicity-seeking, self-aggrandising twunt whose self-proclaimed commercial acume

Friends of Mr Robertshaw are a tiddly bit worried that his hard hitting cost cutting approach doesn't sit terribly kindly in the arena of Social Care & hereby petition the Chief Minister to move him to DED which is a massive bureaucracy where his long established commercial acumen might do wonders for the effectiveness of economic development on the Isle of Man

Ive hardly been a supporter of his but i do think he would be the best fit for the DED. They need someone who has actually had success running a business in the DED and he's by far the best candidate - unless Chris Thomas gets in as he would likely be an ideal candidate too reading his CV.

• Like 2

Friends of Mr Robertshaw are a tiddly bit worried that his hard hitting cost cutting approach doesn't sit terribly kindly in the arena of Social Care & hereby petition the Chief Minister to move him to DED which is a massive bureaucracy where his long established commercial acumen might do wonders for the effectiveness of economic development on the Isle of Man

or put it another way Robertshaw has realised if he drinks from the poisoned chalice of social care for too much longer his dreadful waning popularity will make him a non starter for the Chief Minister job.

Nobody has gone from the great white hope to a fart in a spacesuit level of popularity in as short a time as Robertshaw.

He sold the Sefton to a known corporate raider and walked away smelling of roses, as if he did not know what would subsequently happen to the Sefton.

Do you think he would not sell us all for a shilling a head?

• Like 1

Well, I suppose Robertshaw might be useful when it came to booking hotels for their 'jollies,'

Be fair, he also has a laundry service. I assume he takes extra special care with the socks.
  • Like 1

Ive hardly been a supporter of his but i do think he would be the best fit for the DED. They need someone who has actually had success running a business in the DED and he's by far the best candidate - unless Chris Thomas gets in as he would likely be an ideal candidate too reading his CV.

+1

However you look at it Mr Robertshaw is a very inexperienced politician having come in at the last election in 2010 and having been made a minister before he had a full understanding of how things work. He needs to stay at DSC until he achieves something positive.

Ask Donald Trumps - I'm willing to bet he can tell you absolutely everything you could possibly want to know!wink.png

Fortunately, reading through a few of Robertshaw's posts on here, listening to his witless rhetoric in Tynwald or reading it in the press or in his departments press releases and consultations, and witnessing his general conduct since being made Minister for the department he said he'd never join tells us everything we need to know about Robertshaw.

The blithering egotist's rampant desire for attention and kudos can be satiated by some other means, not one that toys with the Island's future and puts him in another position so far above his abilities.

+1

If it were down to me, I'd probably consider Cannan for DED.

For the love of God, no.

You have to work with what you've got. I'd rather have John Harvey Jones, but unfortunately the two problems with that are 1. he's not an MHK and 2. he's dead.

I was very supportive of Robertshaw in the run up to the election. But then he seemed to 'morph' into a different person! The social, cultural and political framework he appears to be hell bent on fashioning makes me wonder if he is thinking of establishing a Gulag somewhere.

“It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.” - Voltaire