Doctor Who Fans Crash Star Wars Convention Amid Assault Claims

Police were called to calm Star Wars and Doctor Who fans at a science fiction convention in Norwich, UK, after the two groups got into a heated argument, the BBC reports.

The trouble started brewing after Doctor Who fans came to get autographs from two Doctor Who actors at the convention.

"It does sound comical. People that dress up in costume are labelled geeks and some people laugh at us, and this just makes it even more so," said Dominic Warner, the secretary of Norwich Star Wars Club."

http://mashable.com/2013/05/16/star-wars-doctor-who-dispute/

That sounds ace, gangfight between the Cybermen and Imperial Storm Troopersw00t.gifbiggrin.pngwub.pngblush.png

What if it was a trap by the Borgph34r.png ?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I met David Tennant once - he's lovely.

What a dumb post! Do you know what fans of Star Wars, Star Trek and other sci-fi fantasies have in common (other than the fact that they're nearly all male)? Their virginity.

Both reasonably good kiddies films - both relying more on special effects than any real plot or characterisation.

Posted Images

written in 2011

In a twist that could not have been better written by Russell T Davies or Steven Moffat, David Tennant—who played the 10th incarnation of Doctor Who—is set to marry his actress girlfriend Georgia Moffett, who also happens to be the daughter of Peter Davison: the Fifth Doctor.

That wedding is going to be more of a screwed up Doctor Who convention, wonder if the Star Wars fans are plotting their revengeph34r.png if they get in their time machine to go back

Edited by GhoulishDoolish

What kind of low life would call themselves a Dr Who fan.

One of the most over-rated TV shows of all time.

Never been the same since William Hartnell left.

strong with you the force is mmmmm?

Yes. George Lucas is a legend. Star Wars is a very deep modern expression of universal mythological motifs, inspired by the writings of Joseph Campbell (e.g. The Hero With a Thousand Faces). Top class story-telling, film-making and acting. I just can't fathom why anyone would prefer the boring, talentless, poorly-written, badly acted tripe known as Dr Who.

@TJ I object - some of the actors who have appeared in it are talented.

The same could be said about Coronation Street. Sir Ian McKellan is a pretty good actor, and he was on it in a guest role a year or two ago. But Coronation Street is still a load of garbage (although not as bad as Eastenders.......God, that show makes me want to reach for for a razor blade).

strong with you the force is mmmmm?

Yes. George Lucas is a legend. Star Wars is a very deep modern expression of universal mythological motifs, inspired by the writings of Joseph Campbell (e.g. The Hero With a Thousand Faces). Top class story-telling, film-making and acting. I just can't fathom why anyone would prefer the boring, talentless, poorly-written, badly acted tripe known as Dr Who.

I love the whole genre, love the whole jedi/sith thing.

Some people know where they were when 911 happened, but my world turned upside down when a mate told me that Palpatine was also Darth Sidious. Nothing else mattered but figuring out how I missed it the first time around. Poor Yoda, fancy missing a Sith lord right in front of your nose. But so did I.

I also love the Doctor Who thing too, it deals with other issues, society addressed as fiction. sometimes way way too subtle for the uninitiated. read some wacky authors and watch Dr Who again, the authors are trying to say stuff there is no other way to say.

Oh and Tolkien's books are brilliant on several levels too. But you have to see it for yourself.

Terry Nation is a brilliant guy, he wrote Blake's 7 and invented the Daleks. The nasty baddie Servalan heartless murderous power crazed fruitloop strikes me as a bit like MDO on MFwink.png

Edited by GhoulishDoolish