I really hate to point out your ignorance, hunt the wren, (I assume that is your real name, given by your parent).

You will find the correct spelling is GOBBAG.

Translated from our national language into English it means - Dog fish or nickname for a Peel person.

I am however very pleased that after what, I assume, is a hard day leaning on your shovel and taking your rest breaks you have time and energy to respond to my legitimate question. Even if it was not an answer.

In my opinion the public has a right to question when funds from the public purse are being wasted, at what ever level they are being wasted. I assume by your vitriolic response you are one of those guilty of this offence and that is why I have touched a nerve.

Peelmanx typical Govag doesn't have the balls to do it the right way so has to come on here as their alter ego

Erm, Manx is an oral language so there aren't any spelling rules.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it is right in what you are claiming then who is supervising the Supervisor or Foreman on the job?   I bet it all boils down to the lack of any Managerial Supervision from the senior staff of the

Can anyone enlighten us as to the hours that Dept of Infrastructure manual staff, (ie. road workers), are actually meant to be working? As far as I was aware it is meant to be from 8am to 4.30pm. I k

It seems to be the accepted way, Ballanard Road is another shining example of how to skive off work and pretend like you are busy, walk up and down, look at something, wait for Water man, wait for MEA

Sadly, I have witness this myself when I worked in Ballasalla. HGV turns up with branches in the back,,, HGV goes back to depot 6 hours later with the same branches. they done that for weeks on end every summer.Now and then some young guy was sent out with a strimmer to strim the footpath.

That was about 7 years ago, It can't be the same these days.

On a larger scale now

No one can spin out a day like the Lonan gang in the crew cab.

There are also other DOI gangs that work bloody hard to be fair.

The work in Parliament Street Ramsey is AFAIK being done by private contractors and that is taking, what appears to be a long time, but; do we know when we look at guys working in the street what they are actually having to contend with? How hard are those granite blocks in Ramsey to lay? How much preparation of their foundation is required by the specifications of the contract? How long is a piece of string, its the same thing. We see what we think is slow progress but slow relative to what? Some superhuman people who could ignore Health and Safety regs and just "get the job done"

I think the trouble is with workers in the public view is that they are in the public view, no one works all the hours they are paid for, be it gossipping or surfing/facebook in offices, the people you see on the roads are just the same and to be fair, they are doing heavy manual work, not typing at a keyboard. I dont know about you but expecting someone to work 8 hours a day lifting, carrying and generally doing tasks that make you out of breath is a bit much of an expectation.

Yes There are pi*s takers in the DOI but there are pi*s takers in every profession public and private. Imagine tomorrow that someone sitting at their desk is being filmed by CCTV and the feed beamed into anyones home who has an internet connection. Do we honestly think we would see someone actually working for more than 60-70% of the time?

Bullshit,slack fuckers driving round in the crew cab all hours of the day.Same goes for the building control officer down south,he must have the best exercised dog in the island.Sorry Blade Runner,my time is accountable,people dont pay me to sit around.

• Like 1

Bullshit,slack fuckers driving round in the crew cab all hours of the day.Same goes for the building control officer down south,he must have the best exercised dog in the island.Sorry Blade Runner,my time is accountable,people dont pay me to sit around.

I did not dispute what you said about that gang, I have not seen them but there are good hard working DOI gangs too.

I really hate to point out your ignorance, hunt the wren, (I assume that is your real name, given by your parent).

You will find the correct spelling is GOBBAG.

Translated from our national language into English it means - Dog fish or nickname for a Peel person.

I am however very pleased that after what, I assume, is a hard day leaning on your shovel and taking your rest breaks you have time and energy to respond to my legitimate question. Even if it was not an answer.

In my opinion the public has a right to question when funds from the public purse are being wasted, at what ever level they are being wasted. I assume by your vitriolic response you are one of those guilty of this offence and that is why I have touched a nerve.

Peelmanx typical Govag doesn't have the balls to do it the right way so has to come on here as their alter ego

Erm, Manx is an oral language so there aren't any spelling rules.

All languages are oral otherwise we wouldn't have speech, and Manx like all other languages does have spelling rules. If you don't believe me I suggest you check in a Manx Diquituranry. You will find Manx under Galeg which starts with a K.

Went through roadworks on Peel road today at 12.50 and guess what ..............................There was ONE man working in a mechanical digger.............

WHERE was all the rest ?????????? i know ... it was lunch time BUT there was no sign of anyone !!!!!!!!!!!

These people are no different from any Government employees. It's just that you can see them.

Bring in a firm of management consultants and they could cut the Government employment bill by way over 50% and increase efficiency at the same time.

What people forget is that this is still the land of milk and honey when you are Government employed. Some of these people wind down for their lucrative retirement a few years before the golden goodbyeee.

Management consultants?! How much do you think that would cost? Somewhere around there is a good poem/verse about consultants which sadly I cannot find at the moment. The general gist was that consultants rarely fix things because otherwise they would not have anymore work!

It would cost a hefty 7 figure sum indeed. But could save that amount many, many times over but there is no way that the Isle of Man Government would open itself up to such outside scrutiny.

Edited by Torry loon

Went through roadworks on Peel road today at 12.50 and guess what ..............................There was ONE man working in a mechanical digger.............

WHERE was all the rest ?????????? i know ... it was lunch time BUT there was no sign of anyone !!!!!!!!!!!

If it was lunchtime then I would put money on the workers being in their site welfare facilities which are situated in the Quarter Bridge pub car park.

Sadly, I have witness this myself when I worked in Ballasalla. HGV turns up with branches in the back,,, HGV goes back to depot 6 hours later with the same branches. they done that for weeks on end every summer.Now and then some young guy was sent out with a strimmer to strim the footpath.

That was about 7 years ago, It can't be the same these days.

Seen that myself one day wagon with branches on at the braaid road sat for near on 4 hrs, with 3 men on board and not a saw or tree sight, and that wasn't that long ago,

You will find that island drainage and ground works have most of the work on peel road and parliament street Ramsey for that matter, they seem to be the main contractors not the doi

Regarding the price of bringing in consultants to sort out the mess that is the cival service. There are consultancy practices that will work fee / expense free and take a cut of the savings over a 2-3 year period, minimal risk to IOM Gov but they obviously need to be empowered to drive change through, suspect that is where it would all go wrong.

These arrangements have been used to good effect elsewhere.

It would cost a hefty 7 figure sum indeed. But could save that amount many, many times over but there is no way that the Isle of Man Government would open itself up to such outside scrutiny.

Regarding the price of bringing in consultants to sort out the mess that is the cival service. There are consultancy practices that will work fee / expense free and take a cut of the savings over a 2-3 year period, minimal risk to IOM Gov but they obviously need to be empowered to drive change through, suspect that is where it would all go wrong.

These arrangements have been used to good effect elsewhere.

I am sure there are reasonable ways of managing the cost but my point was that external consultants rarely "fix" things. They are after all in business and you do not solve all the problems otherwise where is your next pay day coming from?