Mecvannin - Where Did They Go?

GhoulishDoolish

mec vannin and fo halloo are names that are often heard in relation to manx politics and at one time they exerted great influence by producing papers and organising events.

sometimes it is hard to determine how decisions are really made or even who makes them and why.

I have come across some heroes who were involved with these guys but they seem to get a bad press on here, just wondered what people's experiences were.

Ask our Chief Minister, he was a Mec Vannin candidate

Like I said they all sold out by either gettting lucky in the finance sector or getting into government and doing very nice thank you very much from the taxpayer. It was hardly a very noble cause as I think they were more angry about having no money than they were about the English. When they got money they all went remarkably quiet so I assume they got what was really the root of their anger - they weren't skint anymore.

A couple of years ago there was a young woman who promised to revitalise the outfit but she seems to have disappeared as well.

'And no man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles.' - Mark 2:22

They turn up at the Illiam Dhone remembrance at Hango Hill in January, adjourn to a pub in Castletown and then disappear for another year.

A couple of years ago there was a young woman who promised to revitalise the outfit but she seems to have disappeared as well.

http://www.mecvannin.im/

Lexi Duggan and Mannin Seyr? Did they ever amount to anything more than a lot of noise and a couple of band nights?

If I remember correctly, they had the support of, but were not officially affiliated with Mec Vannin.

Edited by VinnieK