Alfie Cannan For Cm

buzzbuzz

Smart, slippery and teflon™ coated. Thank the lord Kate Beecroft is there to ruffle his feathers and show him up to be what he really is when he gets het up and hizzy.

Edited by RonnieD
  • Like 2

Allan Bell, he really does think he's so smart....

You can just picture the scene as Smarty Pants Bell welcomes Oxford PPE Masters Graduate Chris Thomas to HoK and advises him of his responsibilities as Mr Bell sees them

Oh to be a fly on the wall...

You can just picture the scene as Smarty Pants Bell welcomes Oxford PPE Masters Graduate Chris Thomas to HoK and advises him of his responsibilities as Mr Bell sees them

Government-types aren't too fond of people from the world's top universities. They pathologically resent anyone with a brain. Machiavelli advised that to bring a man down, you must take his best and noblest qualities and repeatedly accuse him of the opposite (like the Republicans repeatedly accused war hero Senator John Kerry of being a coward during the 2004 US presidential campaign). I am going to go out on a limb here and bet that Chris Thomas will have his intelligence repeatedly mocked and insulted by the politicians, civil servants and the state-run media. Good luck to him!

Edited by Thomas Jefferson
  • Like 2

Just listening to him challenge Bell on Manx Radio - Alfie Cannan is brilliant.

I've no doubt he'll be Chief Minister at some point.

I've no doubt he thinks so as well. I dread to think what that will bring. Chris Robertshaw will no doubt be up against him though, so everything will be fine. God help us. And I thought it could not get any worse.

• Like 1

Government-types aren't too fond of people from the world's top universities. They pathologically resent anyone with a brain. Machiavelli advised that to bring a man down, you must take his best and noblest qualities and repeatedly accuse him of the opposite (like the Republicans repeatedly accused war hero Senator John Kerry of being a coward during the 2004 US presidential campaign). I am going to go out on a limb here and bet that Chris Thomas will have his intelligence repeatedly mocked and insulted by the politicians, civil servants and the state-run media. Good luck to him!

fascinating speculation,

Which Machivelli book was that in? the prince or one of his others?

From the statements Bell has already made, he's looking for a fight, I very much doubt that he will get one. What he will get is talked round to a sensible way of thinking and achieving for the good of the Isle of Man, if not, then it's up to Ramsey to get rid of him next election. Innit?

Chris Thomas is not just clever.

• Like 1

fascinating speculation,

Which Machivelli book was that in? the prince or one of his others?

Sorry, I don't know which Machiavelli book it is from. I just remember Gore Vidal mentioning it in reference to the smear campaign against John Kerry. I don't think it's in The Prince.