Tim Glover - Radio Tt

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Overall, I'd have preferred just a little more gravitas and professional detachment with a bit less of the laddish bonhomie but, having said that, I think they did a pretty good job.

The fact that it took over 5 hours to reply to your own post shows me that most reasonable people are keen for Chris and Tim to do well and are happy to wait and see how they get on. The fact that nei

I miss the two Charlie's already, but not as much as I miss Geoff Cannell & Peter Kneale. I remember when Geoff was first replaced with Charlie, the same conversations were had then - it even got

Tim is so far out of his depth its unreal. On air is surly not the place to learn.

Dave err I erm think that was err number 16 but i couldnt erm quite see it Christian shouldnt be anywhere near a mic.

We all love Roy but I loved my bumbling Grandad and he new about the TT. Doesnt mean id have wanted to hear him embarrassing himself on air every race.
Chris is actually the best out of the lot of them. Just wish he'd be more pro and less boys night out.

And can we please stop this onair patting each other on the back? Doing my head in.

Its such a shame. The TT has really become huge in the last five years after being in the doldrums abit in the 90's and 00's. The event is more pro than ever yet the live aspect of it, the radio, is worse than ever.

Yes Dave Errrr evry other word Christian is very poor.How comes the only advert on the prime TT race coverage is from the DOI,surely these slots could be sold to bring a few pennies in?

Agree with a few other posters here in that I think the TT commentary has taken a few steps back this year. How long is Manx Radio's contract this time? the commentary needs a real kick up the arse next year.

Agree with a few other posters here in that I think the TT commentary has taken a few steps back this year. How long is Manx Radio's contract this time? the commentary needs a real kick up the arse next year.

Listening this morning, as a non-biker but as someone who's been watching on and off for 50 years, I must say MR's commentary is perfectly OK.

Outstanding IMO is Roy at Ramsey.

• Like 1

I am listening to it now. I reckon the coverage is very good.

But the written internet coverage falls far short. By that I mean IOMTT.com. No updates on anyone injured etc. Is there a blanket ban on anything other than how great the TT is?

Please don't think I mean that in a goulish way. When I was in orange it was good to see the race report the next day say the guy you helped pick up was ok. If you see what I mean....

• Like 1

I am listening to it now. I reckon the coverage is very good.

But the written internet coverage falls far short. By that I mean IOMTT.com. No updates on anyone injured etc. Is there a blanket ban on anything other than how great the TT is?

Please don't think I mean that in a goulish way. When I was in orange it was good to see the race report the next day say the guy you helped pick up was ok. If you see what I mean....

Actually I was thinking this myself, but anyway the commentary is just fine, add this to Twitter and the streaming camera feeds and those of us not on the rock are spoilt.

• Like 1

Lol GD4.

I remember more than one occasion when I heard on the wireless about a rider retiring..... normally just after the helicoptor had taken off en route to Nobles with said "retirement" on board. It was good to know they were ok.

Thinking about it. I heard an incident reported during the sidecar race today. Everyone ok so good news.

Is it my imagination, or did incident reporting stop soon after record laps were riden while the yellow flags were out a few years ago?

Not knowing Monday afternoons race was michaels 6th win and saying 5th for at least fifteen minutes was bad enough but today's "1, 2, 3, 4, who do we appreciate...Michael Dunlop" was the final straw for me. I hit off and followed the sidecar race on iomtt and twitter.

It's completely unprofessional. There is no authority at any commentary point it's bumbling amateurs. This is a world class event. Can we please bring in the pros.

Edited by Desperate Dan

What do people expect.Lets not try and kid ourselves the TT is a world class event that grabs the attention of sports fans world wide. It barely gets a paragagrapgh or two in most UK sports pages, UK national radio rarely covers and on TV is gets an hour a night on a minority TV channel which many can not receive unless that have some sort of subscription package.

You therefore get coverage by local radio who do a decent job on that basis. Tim Glover I think is a reasonable all round sports presenter and of the remainder well they are no better or worse than when other local sports are covered year round. For some reason we do not seem to expectt BBC Test match special level of local cricket or the equivalent of Ian Robertson or Alan Green covering local rugby and football but come the TT we seem to suddenly expect that level coverage for what is not much more than a local event