• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know very little of bull fighting, but I'd be very surprised if it was banned because some English fella moved to Spain to avoid paying tax & objected to it because it inconvenienced him.

Will never happen. Not unless FOI makes a sudden appearance.   Its kind of funny how people staunchly defend an event that for all they know could be ripping them off to the tune of millions every

So we should keep the TT (regardless of whether it actually makes a return on the investment) because someone built a pub in the arse end of nowhere?

Stop being deliberately obtuse.

Stop trying to justify the TTs existence based on the poor business choices of private individuals....

I'm not trying to justify anything, I was just pointing out the somewhat obtuse nature of your argument.

For the record I'm not really for or against the TT. One thing I do accept though is that it's been here for a long time and isn't likely to leave soon. I get that you don't like it, there's honestly no need to keep repeating the same mantra over and over again.

Edited by mojomonkey
  • Like 1

It's kind of irrelevant how much the TT costs because the TT is cool. This isn't death from warfare or torture etc. but pleasure and excitement and I'm fairly sure the racers don't go into saying ooh, I'm going to die, there's a chance that they might but which gets less and less each year.

Once a year this conservative, Methodist orientated island wakes the hell up for two weeks for what is akin to being primeval and being a bit reckless, I guess MDO you'd feel much better living in North Korea or a ace called cotton wool land.

It's kind of irrelevant how much the TT costs because the TT is cool.

And....there we go. Does it not concern you one little bit that the TT could be literally costing millions of pounds that the IOM can scarcely afford to be wasting?

Out of interest Matt, get any over time this TT fortnight?

OK MDO, I'll try to field your question without resorting to piss-taking or trite 'not-this-shit-again' responses.

I resent that! My response was perfectly reasonable given that MDO trolls with the same kind of shit every fucking year!

Simply because the TT [of which I am not a fan!] happens to inconvenience him personally, he tries to garner support for ending it with a series of such threads every fucking year!

"My response was perfectly reasonable given that MDO trolls with the same kind of shit every fucking year!" - Maybe if we had a sensible conversation about something that effects everyone on the island, that didn't descend into the usual shit flinging but the TT faithful...I wouldn't have to ask the same question every year...

And....there we go. Does it not concern you one little bit that the TT could be literally costing millions of pounds that the IOM can scarcely afford to be wasting?

Yes of course I have overtime this TT just as the rest of the Team, as we manage our time and resources well we rarely have to work overtime, however, during TT it is essential, having said that we have reduced it over the years as we have found more efficient ways of operating and utilising out of hours resources.

I'd like to add that I felt equally the same prior to working for the Goverment so I struggle to see your point, I don't drink or smoke and am fairly prudent with the money i earn and have so this has very little to do with it, when the eyes of the world are upon us I feel very proud to be a part of it, having said that, my own time is valuable as I don't know how much of it I've got therefore only yield it for fair payment, in addition if I did it gratis I would be setting a dangerous precedent which would probably get me bumped off :-)

Yes of course I have overtime this TT just as the rest of the Team, as we manage our time and resources well we rarely have to work overtime, however, during TT it is essential, having said that we have reduced it over the years as we have found more efficient ways of operating and utilising out of hours resources.

I'd like to add that I felt equally the same prior to working for the Goverment so I struggle to see your point, I don't drink or smoke and am fairly prudent with the money i earn and have so this has very little to do with it, when the eyes of the world are upon us I feel very proud to be a part of it, having said that, my own time is valuable as I don't know how much of it I've got therefore only yield it for fair payment, in addition if I did it gratis I would be setting a dangerous precedent which would probably get me bumped off :-)

A very specific, general question, to a lawyer.

If you say so.

It's a shame your accountant wasn't so specific about the motorsports culture on the island when he was telling you about the tax rates.

You presume so much....

What I can't presume to understand, is for someone to move to the road racing capital of the world & complain about........ road racing!!!! Unless that person is motivated by something that is noted for not buying happiness, as you are clearly not happy with the place, given the relentless whinging you do in your posts.

Why don't you fuck off & buy a house next to an airport, then you'd have something to whinge about all year round instead of just for four weeks.

If you say so.

It's a shame your accountant wasn't so specific about the motorsports culture on the island when he was telling you about the tax rates.

You presume so much....

What I can't presume to understand, is for someone to move to the road racing capital of the world & complain about........ road racing!!!! Unless that person is motivated by something that is noted for not buying happiness, as you are clearly not happy with the place, given the relentless whinging you do in your posts.

Why don't you fuck off & buy a house next to an airport, then you'd have something to whinge about all year round instead of just for four weeks.

So what would your response be to a Manx person who feels the same as I do? Or do you speak for all people who live on the Isle of Man?

No,

If you say so.

You presume so much....

So what would your response be to a Manx person who feels the same as I do? Or do you speak for all people who live on the Isle of Man?

Everyone's entitled to their opinion & I don't profess to speak for anyone but myself. I think a Manx person with your views, I would have more sympathy with - you however who have moved here of your own free will (or greed) I have no sympathy whatsoever.