Feed The Birds.....no More!

thebees

Copied from Facebook...

Mann Cat Sanctuary

We are all very distressed and upset here at MCS. You will often read about Audrey who has volunteered here from the start, twenty years ago. She cooks all the cats fresh chicken every week and also traps feral cats in her area, you may also have read in this year's newsletter that Audrey helped us trap all of Beryl's ferals and this is one in the photo. Audrey is now 81, frail and not in the best of health and her pleasure in life is going to the arboretum near her house to feed the birds and the ducks. Some of the birds follow her home and it has caused a few objections from the nieghbours', one in particular who is chairman of German commissioners. He has spent the last two months stalking Audrey in the bushes at the arboretum, sometimes at 11pm, and when Audrey feeds the birds he jumps out with a bird scarer which frightens the life out of Audrey and makes all the birds fly away! We don't think this behaviour is normal? Yesterday, a police woman from Peel accompanied by a member of the parish commissioners and a local preacher, John Kennaugh, arrived at her home where she has lived for thirty years, to issue Audrey an ASBO. They were fairly insistent that she should sign the document, however because she didn't have a witness and didn't fully understand the situation, Audrey refused to sign. The police woman made it very clear that if she continued to feed the birds then she would be put in jail!!? We really need to help Audrey and we don't know what to do. How can an elderly woman be treated this way??

Remember folks - don't feed the birds, you'll get an ASBO, hahaha I cannot wait to retire, I'm going to waste so much of their time with my bird feeding exploits, you'd never believe it.

Wouldn't surprise me if that is utter bollocks. They are, in my experience, a bunch of fucking weirdo's at the Mann Cat Sanctuary.

Edited by notwell
  • Like 3

If you read the full story you will see that this "sweet old lady" has been causing huge discomfort, nuisance, inconvenience and mess for over 10 years in her area by feeding seagulls (yes I know thats not technically the correct name but is widely used). There have been numerous complaints to the commissioners over the years and despite being asked to stop on lots of occasions she simply carries on ruining lives, because she is old and thinks the rules don't apply to her I guess.

You will also note from other comments that the explosion in the seagull populate in the area (St Johns / Arboretum) appears to have had disastrous effect on the duck population with many of the eggs and ducklings being killed by these seagulls.

The whole thing has been whipped into a frenzy by Manx Cat Sanctuary with a cynically misleading and probably slanderous Facebook post. As a registered charity they should be totally ashamed and issue a public apology ... I cant see that happening as, from what I hear they are (or at least many / some of them are) nasty vindictive people.

Edited by Paul_Peel
  • Like 3

If you read the full story you will see that this "sweet old lady" has been causing huge discomfort, nuisance, inconvenience and mess for over 10 years in her area by feeding seagulls (yes I know thats not technically the correct name but is widely used). There have been numerous complaints to the commissioners over the years and despite being asked to stop on lots of occasions she simply carries on ruining lives, because she is old and thinks the rules don't apply to her I guess.

You will also note from other comments that the explosion in the seagull populate in the area (St Johns / Arboretum) appears to have had disastrous effect on the duck population with many of the eggs and ducklings being killed by these seagulls.

The whole thing has been whipped into a frenzy by Manx Cat Sanctuary with a cynically misleading and probably slanderous Facebook post. As a registered charity they should be totally ashamed and issue a public apology ... I cant see that happening as, from what I hear they are (or at least many / some of them are) nasty vindictive people.

They are fuckings weirdo's.

"Charity" - hmmmmmmm.

• Like 1

Wow, that's a low point. Everyone involved obviously desparate to backpedal, but seems quite clear that someone messed up and went ott.

Got no other problems then? So many police resources available you can chase a gull feeding granny? I take it you caught those burglars then, yes, so you can waste time on this? Marvellous.

• Like 2

Wow, that's a low point. Everyone involved obviously desparate to backpedal, but seems quite clear that someone messed up and went ott.

Got no other problems then? So many police resources available you can chase a gull feeding granny? I take it you caught those burglars then, yes, so you can waste time on this? Marvellous.

Oh do shut up.

• Like 3

Some idiot was throwing food to seagulls crowding the road on Prospect Hill during the evening 'rush hour' causing drivers (including me) to swerve or break hard to avoid them.

Great fun, feed the vermin and cause a traffic accident. Moron.

I saw someone doing the same at Prospect Terrace outside the chippy. Chucking chips into the road to watch the gulls dive in front of the traffic. However, he reckoned without the birds nouse for finding the source of the food. They swooped on HIM and he finished up dropping his chips on the pavement which the birds gleefully carried off. He walked off without his dinner and covered in bird shit.

Edited by woolley
  • Like 9