Time To Ban Pushbikes From The Mountain?

buzzbuzz

Have travelled over the mountain twice in the last few days and each time, there has been at least one cyclist holding up traffic and posing a threat to the safety of all. You would think that common sense would dictate that cycling over the mountain in the TT fortnight is ridiculous but since common sense does not seem to be coming into play, is it time to make a stand against these selfish idiots and push for a formal ban in time for TT 2014?

• Like 1

I wouldn't ride a bike over the mountain during TT.

Having said that though, why is it more dangerous during TT than at other times? I'd have thought the one-way system means it's far easier for motorised road users to overtake them safely. Or is the problem that there may be motorbikes in the right hand lane doing 150mph so cars are not keen to overtake even a cyclist? If so then I can think of an alternative solution rather than banning push-bikes.

• Like 1

Whilst there is plenty of bikes about, you just check your mirrors, you indicate right, you check its clear and overtake its as simple as that! Any motorcyclist in the right hand lane will roll off as soon as they see your indicator just incase you might be the type of dickhead who signals and moves out without looking.

Uh-oh, Slim warning....

I wouldn't ride anywhere near the mountain road TT week, we've been training in the south pretty much exclusively and you'd barely know it's TT week down there.

I notice there's a lot of visitors on push bikes this year, might be those?

Shouldn't be banned no, same as you shouldn't ban cars which are statistically far more dangerous to themselves and the motorcycles. It's still a public road, one way or not, and it shouldn't be ridden in a life threatening way.

But yeah, you'd have to be metal to cycle over there TT week. It's bad enough getting through the QB.