Graffiti Near The Governor's House

Think alan has a few as well !

I can't really add much to the debate this evening. I was looking forward to dancing the skank and all that outside the Outback Tent, to the Skunch of Bankers but ended up getting ma head musically zapped at Amber, but anyway, picking up on pedanticism, it is 'Allan' (capitalised with two of the letter 'l')

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They've got a point with the placement though. How much longer can we afford to put up a freeloading English tosser in a multi-million pound house with full staff, car etc. & £90K tax free salary,

The President of Tynwald does indeed get paid the same as a government minister - 50% on top of a Tynwald member's usual £37,822 ie £56,733. For that she has to chair Tynwald which is 11 plus days a

What a way to stick it to the man, shitty graffiti that nobody knows what it means. That will show them

Energy FM: "At the moment... there’s no indication that it is actually linked to the Manx Nationalist party Mec Vannin."

Wha? No indication there's a link? They only sprayed two words... 'Mec' being one, and 'Vannin' being the other.crying.gif Who do Energy FM think it might be linked to then, the PLO? The EDL?

As a supporter of many things Manx, I think it's about time the serious politicians of that ilk distanced themselves from the Mec Vannin name altogether. It has a lot of negative conotations from the past. Not least an association with slow-witted trouble makers with too much time on their hands. You know... the sort who take to spraying graffiti for example!

If you want to make a point about the Queen's Representative on the Island, or how much it costs to keep them here, why not make what may well be your perfectly valid point with a pen or a printer and an envelope - as opposed to defacing/spoiling the Island you allegedly care so passionately about with childish graffiti?

Perhaps the Government wrote the graffiti to discredit Mec Vannin using members of the Manx secret police. They know that if they can finally crush this persistent thorn in their side, they'll be able to flatten Pully to make way for the new monorail terminal.

Edited by piebaps
  • Like 1

If I went and spray painted Al Qaeda on the House of Keys, would you immediately jump to the conclusion that an Al Qaeda cell had written it???

I just did a big laugh out loud then. Do it. Please.

Unfortunately, there are cameras all over the area.

Perhaps the Government wrote the graffiti to discredit Mec Vannin using members of the Manx secret police. They know that if they can finally crush this persistent thorn in their side, they'll be able to flatten Pully to make way for the new monorail terminal.

O right your in the know aint yaa, were you driving the get away car lol.

My money is on kate beecroft, she is doing a great job with her wooden spoon, "keep up the good work kate" devil.gif

I agree. Lets send this freeloading english arse hole home.

Whilst were at it lets also send all the manx freeloading arseholes in government across too they can have them !

Oh please. At least 90 to 95% of the civil service are English/Scottish/Irish. The 5 % who are Manx are usually the ones doing all the work.

Edited by Thomas Jefferson

They're probably the ones being paid the minimum wage as well

Anyway, the monorail will be entirely overhead so there'll be no need to flatten anywhere

I doubt whether EDF actually paint EDF on the side of a mosque before they burn it down either as that is stupid. Just because someone has sprayed Mec Vannin on a wall does not mean that Mec Vannin did it. Its probably some knob thinking its making a statement as his dads, brothers, cousin once went to a Mec Vannin meeting in 1971.

Maybe Mec Vannin are playing the double bluff, everyone thinks they did not do it because it would be too obvious. Maybe, it was them, and they are counting on the "too obvious" reaction, what better alibi could you have?

Or it could be a very clever plot by Al Qaeda, even more cunning than the, admittedly ridiculous suggested Mec Vannin plot above.

Who in their right mind, would think that Al Qaeda would spray Mec Vannin on the islands Governors driveway? I bet this possibility will not even get investigated, the usual MO of our media.

The whole thing stinks of made up rubbish and I bet Peter Karran does not ask any questions in Tynwald about Al Qaeda's possible involvement in this either, what does that tell us?

The almost guaranteed silence from PK about this in Tynwald says a lot more than the usual long speeches he makes. Maybe we will have to pin our hopes on Alf Cannan to get to the bottom of it?

Whilst were at it lets also send all the manx freeloading arseholes in government across too they can have them !

Oh please. At least 90 to 95% of the civil service are English/Scottish/Irish. The 5 % who are Manx are usually the ones doing all the work.

I was referring to the politicians !

I was referring to the politicians !

What --- get rid of the politicians?! That would leave only an unaccountable and unelected civil service in charge. Oh wait.......