Graffiti Near The Governor's House

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They've got a point with the placement though. How much longer can we afford to put up a freeloading English tosser in a multi-million pound house with full staff, car etc. & £90K tax free salary,

The President of Tynwald does indeed get paid the same as a government minister - 50% on top of a Tynwald member's usual £37,822 ie £56,733. For that she has to chair Tynwald which is 11 plus days a

What a way to stick it to the man, shitty graffiti that nobody knows what it means. That will show them

I'd say the whole royal family have to go. I find it unbelievable that a bunch of inbred German parasites feeding of the British people are getting a pay rise and £1Million to refurbish a house!

Do wise up. The Queen and her family are just as much controlled by the system as anyone else. What choice do they have? They are bound to their position. Would you swap places? Would you want to spend your entire life in a goldfish bowl being told what to do, where to go and what your destiny is? I sure wouldn't. As for the pay rise, the payments made fund the monarchy as an institution. The money is a fraction of that raised by the Crown Estates, so there is an argument that the state does pretty well out of it. It isn't pocket money! No, the system is very clever and it has all manner of ways to put you off the scent. This is why it has lasted for so long and it certainly isn't controlled by the monarch.

Edited by woolley

I was just saying.....he's clever and that, more than could be said of some of our current buns, innit?

I haven't met him so I'll take your word for it. I still think the UK should pay ihis salary, though, since it's them he represents.

It acknowledges the Island's appreciation of the Crown. A kind of tribute if you like.

I don't appreciate the Crown. They can go F themselves for all I care.

I'd say the whole royal family have to go. I find it unbelievable that a bunch of inbred German parasites feeding of the British people are getting a pay rise and £1Million to refurbish a house!

"oh, but they attract tourists and therefore bring in more revenue" <<< HAHAHA

well said.

What sort of people are that this is the best we can do?

well said.

What sort of people are that this is the best we can do?

What?