Mail On Line Report On Tt

John

It illustrates to me just how safe the TT is when you can have a bike crash into a load of spectators in such a fast and dangerous spot and nobody is killed. I mean there is nothing left of the bike...

Then a couple of days later at an F1 event, you get a marshal who is killed assisting in the recovery of an F1 car. It just shows why F1 should be banned along with Wind Surfing, mountain climbing, rugby, cycling.... all of which have had more fatalities in the last year!

If you are not a fan of bike racing then stay off the course and dont buy a house adjoining it. hug.gif

Thankyou for a bit of common sense. The truth is that bikers are not really liked in England, and we have a lot of the ones who don't like them living here now. presumably they were told that the TT would not last much longer by the Estate Agents when they bought there TT Course 'pile'. What other reason could there be, other than stupidity on their part. Theres a boat in the morning. Only 4 weeks till the 'Southern' , then another 4 till the MGP [despite what they are trying to 'RE-Brand' it to] and only 48 weeks till Practice for TT 2014. Bring it all on. Rumours abound of a new Road Circuit at Maughold [around the houses] should be very popular.

Maughold, really? - do tell.

You have not bought there , have you ?

Erm no, does anyone live there anymore?, I just wondered what you heard, I`m not familiar with the rumours.

Also if viewing for Motorcycling Road Racing is to be more restricted will the same apply to Rally Car fans, who in many cases appear to stand in the road.

On the Isle of Man?

No, on the grass verge {and in the road}whatever.gif

Also if viewing for Motorcycling Road Racing is to be more restricted will the same apply to Rally Car fans, who in many cases appear to stand in the road.

On the Isle of Man?

Yes on the Isle of Man. Seen them many times though admittedly not the last couple of years. When I say 'on the road' please accept that that was slightly over the Top, but they most certainly stand alongside the road with no protection whatsoever. Anyway I certainly do not wish to get into any argument about cars, they bore me.

I heard about the book on Manx Radio. Now I am neither a big fan of the TT or the Government's Film Fund, however thiswould seem to be a potentially much better target for investment than most they through money at. If done well it could promote the Island and the TT and unlike Closer to the Edge appeal to a far broader audience

]

Yes on the Isle of Man. Seen them many times though admittedly not the last couple of years. When I say 'on the road' please accept that that was slightly over the Top, but they most certainly stand alongside the road with no protection whatsoever. Anyway I certainly do not wish to get into any argument about cars, they bore me.

Not on the exits of bends they don't.

I heard about the book on Manx Radio. Now I am neither a big fan of the TT or the Government's Film Fund, however thiswould seem to be a potentially much better target for investment than most they through money at. If done well it could promote the Island and the TT and unlike Closer to the Edge appeal to a far broader audience

It would be a a horrendous investment, motor sports films as opposed to documentary's, have a terrible track record for all sorts of reasons.

Even motor sports documentaries are not that great, Closer to the Edge, last time I looked, had not broken even, the Senna doc' may have made a few bob but we are not talking serious money and that was about Senna, a worldwide hero and very special driver/ person, not some bloke that gave up work for a year.

The soon to be released Lauda/ Hunt F1 picture may break the mould but that is F1, glamorous and one of the most globally watched sports in the world.

The F1 film also has two main characters that are pretty special in their own right, one for the injury's he recovered from and the other as a playboy who lived life to the full. Those are proper human interest storys that people will pay to see.

A film about the TT would sell to a few TT fans and that is about it.

I really hope this story was only in the press because the author thought it would drum up a bit of publicity for his book, we really dont want to throw any more money at no-hope films.

interesting to see in this weeks' Motorcycle News the Bray Hill crash is given less than one column of coverage whereas a bus spilling diesel on the TT track is given half a page

It would be a a horrendous investment, motor sports films as opposed to documentary's, have a terrible track record for all sorts of reasons.

Even motor sports documentaries are not that great, Closer to the Edge, last time I looked, had not broken even, the Senna doc' may have made a few bob but we are not talking serious money and that was about Senna, a worldwide hero and very special driver/ person, not some bloke that gave up work for a year.

The soon to be released Lauda/ Hunt F1 picture may break the mould but that is F1, glamorous and one of the most globally watched sports in the world.

The F1 film also has two main characters that are pretty special in their own right, one for the injury's he recovered from and the other as a playboy who lived life to the full. Those are proper human interest storys that people will pay to see.

I really hope this story was only in the press because the author thought it would drum up a bit of publicity for his book, we really dont want to throw any more money at no-hope films.

It depends who is envolved and how it is done.At the moment there is no suggestion that it would be our money thrown at it, just that it would film here.

Lagman = TT automaton. Move along here, nobody died, nobody injured, we own the DVD rights, the press is silenced. Let's sell death for another 10 years to underpin £10 burger sales.

Only another 10?

How is the press silenced when they keep talking about it?

Here`s the opinion of two of the people involved -

http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=65663

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly.....just look at 'Silver Dream Racer' ffs