I have 11 tattoos and the only one that is a mess was done in Douglas.

I do agree with terminal though that each tattoo is a scar for life so think carefully before deciding whether to get one.

I have seen the aftermath of people trying to have them removed with laser therapy and the results are not always that great

I have 11 tattoos and the only one that is a mess was done in Douglas.

I do agree with terminal though that each tattoo is a scar for life so think carefully before deciding whether to get one.

I have seen the aftermath of people trying to have them removed with laser therapy and the results are not always that great

Any good tattooist would give advice on a tattoo, size, placement etc and will always trace it on you first so you can preview. Always take time and think it over.

I would still quite like magnets in the side of my ring finger, it adds a sixth sense.

Aye, that was discussed last year here

I think I'm going to have my knuckles tattoed. You know that L - O - V - E and H - A - T - E

thing they do. Well further to what I said in another thread about TT entertainment, I'm going to get:

I L O V E ........Q U I L L

but too many letters. Maybe:

I L U V ........Q U I L

Not quite there but it'll do. I know it is a groovy idea but I admit it is not original. Didn't some 1970s group have that on one of their LP covers? Still, I just might go for it.

I would still quite like magnets in the side of my ring finger, it adds a sixth sense.

Aye, that was discussed last year here

I think I'm going to have my knuckles tattoed. You know that L - O - V - E and H - A - T - E

thing they do. Well further to what I said in another thread about TT entertainment, I'm going to get:

I L O V E ........Q U I L L

but too many letters. Maybe:

I L U V ........Q U I L

Not quite there but it'll do. I know it is a groovy idea but I admit it is not original. Didn't some 1970s group have that on one of their LP covers? Still, I just might go for it.

Hmm. thats all your credibility gone right out the window.

A L A N........B E L L could look OK... If in the right place...

That's a good one Snowflake. Unfortunately Mr Bell has his name spelled Allan so it wouldn't work. Although the two lls could be put onto one knuckle. A bit like The Queens Hotel didn't quite nicely fit between the windows:

9.jpg

I'm a stickler for getting that sort of thing right so perhaps I would have called it the Quens Hotel or the Qeens Hotel. It's a difficult one.

But to go back on topic, I have seen maybe 100,000s of tattoos. And I have never ever seen one that I thought looked good or worthwhile. Please don't get me started on tramp stamps (the ones on women's lower backs with the arrow pointing to the arse and the swirly bits in code writing that ses "anybody's") and as for a random dolphin or flower or wtf, don't even take me there.

Oh dear, I guess I seem to have just lost my credibility of over half the people here. Perhaps if I got the I luv..... Quil knuckle tattoo I might gain back some respect or something.

Edited to add:

I found the1970s pop group knuckle tattoo thing. They cheated though - used a bit of the thumb. It doesn't look quite as 'ard as LOVE - HATE on the knuckle does it: (perhaps "I'm going to thump you and then I'm going to press your eyes out with my thumb". Mmhh, perhaps it is a bit tough after all)

1061.jpg

Edited by RonnieD
  • Like 1

That would work quite well, Snowflake.

Or, to save on a stonemason/plasterer changing too many letters, call it the Quill Hotel.

Slim and all then could come down and we could have Quill tribute bands and that.

But to go back on topic, I have seen maybe 100,000s of tattoos. And I have never ever seen one that I thought looked good or worthwhile. Please don't get me started on tramp stamps (the ones on women's lower backs with the arrow pointing to the arse and the swirly bits in code writing that ses "anybody's") and as for a random dolphin or flower or wtf, don't even take me there.

I love a women with good tattoos, sexy as hell!

Nasty tattoos are horrible though, scripts are probably the worst.

I love a women with good tattoos, sexy as hell!

Nasty tattoos are horrible though, scripts are probably the worst.

Like one saying "I L U V...Q U I L?

Scripts in black, as well as tribal tatts are so predictable. If you are going to do one, do something meaningful and worth looking at.

Especially on a young, fit, body...

Just thought, a braille tattoo, with micro dermal implants...