Anderson's Farm Fined 7.5K Over Slurry Spill

Come on Boris, we dont know what you are talking about, nothing new there then.....................

What price can you put on a fish? Taken from the below link on IOM News:-

"He said: ‘It was an accident by an employee. We have held our hands up. It was a costly mistake. We are putting things in place so this does not happen again. That will be very expensive and comes on top of this excessively high fine. The fine is disproportionate given the number of fish killed."

It has also happened before,

"Mr Anderson said the employee concerned no longer worked for the company but this had nothing to do with the river pollution incident.

He confirmed a similar accident happened some years ago involving a different employee who again was no longer working for the company."

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/minister-anderson-s-farm-fined-7-500-over-slurry-spill-1-5777018

Quite shocked by his statements to be honest.

It is a pity he was not so upfront and honest about the scandalous way Nobles Hospital is being run instead of trying for a cheap cover up this man is a liar.

Too true. Maybe if someone from Nobles had poo'ed into a stream and killed a few fish then some government agency somewhere would have gripped the issues and issued some fines and rolled a few heads. As it stands Mr Andersons private fish killing activities seem to be more deserving of intervention than the prospect of real people dying at the hospital.

• Like 3

I'm fooking amazed. IoM Govt. taking money OFF a farmer for a change. Maybe it DOES happen then......

• Like 1

I'm fooking amazed. IoM Govt. taking money OFF a farmer for a change. Maybe it DOES happen then......

what the government pay the farmers for milk and meat almost amounts to theft anyway so I say they are taking from the farmers all the time!!

• Like 1

Why doesn't he just come out and say 'Fair cop guv' take his punishment instead of bullshitting, again. Some people think the island is their own private dumping ground.

• Like 1

what the government pay the farmers for milk and meat almost amounts to theft anyway so I say they are taking from the farmers all the time!!

It's about £8m per year. And that's before they produce any meat or milk. If they can be bothered.

bout time we grew our own food theres 100s of gmo products in the supermarket

Don't think we can grow enough here to feed every head on the Island, so that idea's out the window.

bout time we grew our own food theres 100s of gmo products in the supermarket

Don't think we can grow enough here to feed every head on the Island, so that idea's out the window.

Reckon we could if we had to. Might have to one day.