Anderson's Farm Fined 7.5K Over Slurry Spill

Boris Johnson

How many fish would die if all the shit Anderson speaks ended up in the river?

Bet he couldn't afford the fine for that even on his wages!

I'm sure he could apply to defa for support if he needed to. Just like the other millionaire farmers do, to stop them having to get real jobs.

bout time we grew our own food theres 100s of gmo products in the supermarket

Don't think we can grow enough here to feed every head on the Island, so that idea's out the window.

Reckon we could if we had to. Might have to one day.

Just look around you when you are driving in the countryside, there are green fields everywhere with nothing growing in them, because the Government is paying them not to, all there seems to be is animals everywhere, eating grass, which must be more profitable, the word I heard is £8million a year is paid to leave fields idle.

The same thing is happening in the UK, it maybe something to do with the EU not wanting too much food grown, so it keeps the prices up.

There was something reported in the UK newspapers a couple of years ago on this subject, and how much the rich landowners in the UK were getting for sitting back and having nothing being produced.

bout time we grew our own food theres 100s of gmo products in the supermarket

Don't think we can grow enough here to feed every head on the Island, so that idea's out the window.

Reckon we could if we had to. Might have to one day.

Just look around you when you are driving in the countryside, there are green fields everywhere with nothing growing in them, because the Government is paying them not to, all there seems to be is animals everywhere, eating grass, which must be more profitable, the word I heard is £8million a year is paid to leave fields idle.

The same thing is happening in the UK, it maybe something to do with the EU not wanting too much food grown, so it keeps the prices up.

There was something reported in the UK newspapers a couple of years ago on this subject, and how much the rich landowners in the UK were getting for sitting back and having nothing being produced.

I remember studying the Common Agricultural Policy when I was at uni. Paying farmers to grow all kinds of grains, food and other produce and having food mountains sat there which were eventually burnt and destroyed, all while people were going hungry across the poor areas of europe. Disgusting. But unfortunately we probably have some kind of policy now.

Those green fields with nothing growing in them are obviously growing grass or they wouldn't be green. The grass is probably to be cut for a crop of hay or silage.

Set aside land in the UK can always be recognised by the weeds and unkempt state of the fields. You don't see that in the isle of Man.