Another New Tax

OldhamJ

According to today's written questions in Tynwald, the Water and Sewage Authority and going to seek permission to charge all household properties connected to a mains sewer a new sewage rate from around 2015. This will be on top of the current water rates and domestic rates !!

• Like 1

According to today's written questions in Tynwald, the Water and Sewage Authority and going to seek permission to charge all household properties connected to a mains sewer a new sewage rate from around 2015. This will be on top of the current water rates and domestic rates !!

Hear, hear. We've gotta keep contributing to the overpaid civil servants' salaries somehow!

Seeing as how they've already thrown children, students, old people and the disabled under the bus, it's no surprise to me that they'd stoop so low as to start taxing the shit out of our arses before facing up to the inevitable --- cuts to the civil service.

Edited by Thomas Jefferson
  • Like 1

I thought we already paid a sewerage rate through our current taxes. As the old drainage division was part of the DOT who then changed to DOI before being bundled with the water board, must have meant that they where paid out of the DOT budget. Will this mean that we will be paying twice for the same service ?

Then again maybe they need all this extra money now since they are going to have to pay off the MEA loan as well. I can smell something fishy and it's it the drains..

There is nothing decided yet, they are just going through the motions.................................

Why not just screw all Manx homeowners many of whom might be on low incomes just for having a toilet rather than tax higher earners at source.

Or why not just tax civil servants at source so they can pay for their own salaries.

They do. Itip & ni are paid by civil servants

Why not just screw all Manx homeowners many of whom might be on low incomes just for having a toilet rather than tax higher earners at source.

Or why not just tax civil servants at source so they can pay for their own salaries.

They do. Itip & ni are paid by civil servants

So does the kid flipping burgers at McDonalds. I meant a civil servant tax.

Hear, hear. We've gotta keep contributing to the overpaid civil servants' salaries somehow!

Seeing as how they've already thrown children, students, old people and the disabled under the bus, it's no surprise to me that they'd stoop so low as to start taxing the shit out of our arses before facing up to the inevitable --- cuts to the civil service.

apart from the fact you seem to have the biggest chip on your shoulder that i've ever witnessed. how will this materially assist the situation? i mean we are now talking about a situation so dire that MHKs are prepared to risk not getting re-elected, and i don't think that ever happened before.

the pooh tax is, i've been told, to pay the design and construction fees for IRIS 2 and 3. it has been delayed for some time, for reasons cited in my first paragraph. the water rates are already planned to increase to massively more than at present over the next 10 years or so.

Edited by english zloty
  • Like 1

Blackadder is trying to sell his house

Buyer: What about the privies?
Edmund: Well, what we're talking about in, erm, privy terms is the very latest in front-wall, fresh-air orifices, combined with a wide-capacity gutter installation below.
Buyer: You mean you crap out of the window.
Edmund: Yes!
Buyer: Well! In that case, we'll *definitely* take it! I can't stand those dirty indoor things.