Another New Tax

OldhamJ

pensioners will get a regular rate savings tariff, fat people will get bulk purchase discounted tariff, health food freaks get a home generation charge, anorexia sufferers receive a free set of scales and are charged an average of output over input.

Port-a-loo users over TT will be charged an extra 10% on everything as a catch all charge, plus VAT (vaguely administered tax)

apart from the fact you seem to have the biggest chip on your shoulder that i've ever witnessed. how will this materially assist the situation? i mean we are now talking about a situation so dire that MHKs are prepared to risk not getting re-elected, and i don't think that ever happened before.

the pooh tax is, i've been told, to pay the design and construction fees for IRIS 2 and 3. it has been delayed for some time, for reasons cited in my first paragraph. the water rates are already planned to increase to massively more than at present over the next 10 years or so.

It doesn't matter how you bullshit us; we all know the reason the taxpayer is in debt and having to pay more and more taxes and endure less and less services is because of the salaries of the oversized civil service. That is a fact and it doesn't matter how much you cut here or tax there, the elephant is still in the room and costing us more than we can afford. If you want money to pay for the design and construction fees, try getting rid of civil servants. I pay taxes in return for services, not to maintain other people's opulent lifestyles.

Will they be weighing your shit to keep it fair, and will pensioners get a reduced rate ?

will there be an extra charge for condoms and sanitary towels ?

Can't see too many condoms or sanitary towels being used by pensioners to be fair.

Although it is my ambition to be shot by a jealous lover when I'm 93.

It doesn't matter how you bullshit us; we all know the reason the taxpayer is in debt and having to pay more and more taxes and endure less and less services is because of the salaries of the oversized civil service. That is a fact and it doesn't matter how much you cut here or tax there, the elephant is still in the room and costing us more than we can afford. If you want money to pay for the design and construction fees, try getting rid of civil servants. I pay taxes in return for services, not to maintain other people's opulent lifestyles.

I not sure who is 'us' or who 'we' is? however i ask again, how is culling civil service posts going to rescue a debt which is increasing at £46K a day (just for the MEA). Can you confirm less and less services; i recall living in Pulrose and sitting with candles, because the power had failed, living in Peel and not being able to wash my car because there was no water to do so, going to old nobles, park road etc... the services are much better; it's just they weren't delivered wisely. and yes, it seems we're all paying for that. therefore, on balance, it seems your argument is flawed?

Edited by english zloty

Will they be weighing your shit to keep it fair, and will pensioners get a reduced rate ?

will there be an extra charge for condoms and sanitary towels ?

Can't see too many condoms or sanitary towels being used by pensioners to be fair.

Although it is my ambition to be shot by a jealous lover when I'm 93.

The jealous lover being 98?

I not sure who is 'us' or who 'we' is? however i ask again, how is culling civil service posts going to rescue a debt which is increasing at £46K a day (just for the MEA). Can you confirm less and less services; i recall living in Pulrose and sitting with candles, because the power had failed, living in Peel and not being able to wash my car because there was no water to do so, going to old nobles, park road etc... the services are much better; it's just they weren't delivered wisely. and yes, it seems we're all paying for that. therefore, on balance, it seems your argument is flawed?

What a ridiculous argument in support of the nanny state. Can you attribute these improvements to an increase in size and salary of the civil service?

apart from the fact you seem to have the biggest chip on your shoulder that i've ever witnessed. how will this materially assist the situation? i mean we are now talking about a situation so dire that MHKs are prepared to risk not getting re-elected, and i don't think that ever happened before.

the pooh tax is, i've been told, to pay the design and construction fees for IRIS 2 and 3. it has been delayed for some time, for reasons cited in my first paragraph. the water rates are already planned to increase to massively more than at present over the next 10 years or so.

But you do, Jobseekers etc. OK, opulent lifestyle may be a bit of an exaggeration, but you do pay for it.