Another New Tax

OldhamJ

Will they be weighing your shit to keep it fair, and will pensioners get a reduced rate ?

will there be an extra charge for condoms and sanitary towels ?

Can't see too many condoms or sanitary towels being used by pensioners to be fair.

Although it is my ambition to be shot by a jealous lover when I'm 93.

The jealous lover being 98?

whilst wearing continence aids.

Lucky sods...

apart from the fact you seem to have the biggest chip on your shoulder that i've ever witnessed. how will this materially assist the situation? i mean we are now talking about a situation so dire that MHKs are prepared to risk not getting re-elected, and i don't think that ever happened before.

the pooh tax is, i've been told, to pay the design and construction fees for IRIS 2 and 3. it has been delayed for some time, for reasons cited in my first paragraph. the water rates are already planned to increase to massively more than at present over the next 10 years or so.

It doesn't matter how you bullshit us; we all know the reason the taxpayer is in debt and having to pay more and more taxes and endure less and less services is because of the salaries of the oversized civil service. That is a fact and it doesn't matter how much you cut here or tax there, the elephant is still in the room and costing us more than we can afford. If you want money to pay for the design and construction fees, try getting rid of civil servants. I pay taxes in return for services, not to maintain other people's opulent lifestyles.

But you do, Jobseekers etc. OK, opulent lifestyle may be a bit of an exaggeration, but you do pay for it.

Nonsense --- paying for jobseekers is a form of insurance (not that I've ever received any myself).

Get rid of the civil service? ,as Arnold says in "Yes Prime Minister" to Sir Humpy, Cut the civil service? "It will be the end of civilisation as we know it".

I would like to know just where do the government think people will find all this extra money, without starving themselves and sitting without heating and light?.

The way this lot on the top of Prospect Hill are carrying on, there will be a revolution, just how far can the Manx people be pushed before they start doing what is happening in other countries.

I give it 2 years before this economy collapses ,and our current crop of big spenders disappears with what's left of the money.

Get rid of the civil service? ,as Arnold says in "Yes Prime Minister" to Sir Humpy, Cut the civil service? "It will be the end of civilisation as we know it".

I would like to know just where do the government think people will find all this extra money, without starving themselves and sitting without heating and light?.

The way this lot on the top of Prospect Hill are carrying on, there will be a revolution, just how far can the Manx people be pushed before they start doing what is happening in other countries.

I give it 2 years before this economy collapses ,and our current crop of big spenders disappears with what's left of the money.

A very "+1"

Just how long will it take our elected clowns to realise that there is no way that they can simply tax their way out of this clusterf--k which is largely of their own making over the recent years?

Edited by Non-Believer