Nanny Mcphee

manx maid

I need urgent serious treatment to repair a tooth..... and cannot be seen for a 'long appointment' for another month....... sad.png How can that be...

One word: comeovers.

Being treated by all the local-born dentists?

I need urgent serious treatment to repair a tooth..... and cannot be seen for a 'long appointment' for another month....... sad.png How can that be...

That's right. We'd have a lot more local-born dentists if local-born people weren't put off returning here after finishing their training in the UK due to inflated house prices caused by nouveau riche comeovers. Any sensible Manx person who had a sought-after qualification such as dentistry would ditch this joint and go to greener pastures.

Edited by Thomas Jefferson

That daft mantra again. TJ how many dentists are there in the island and how many are Manx?

If any newly qualified professionals could afford the property prices, I'd have thought that dentists could.

Edited by ballaughbiker

Find the number to register for an NHS dentist (I can't remember it). Ring it. Register and tell them you require urgent treatment. You'll be seen fast.

Actually I was assigned an NHS dentist recently. Rang them Monday for the first check up and was seen Friday morning. Turned out I needed some treatment and was offered an appointment that afternoon to get it sorted. Job done.

• Like 1

Find the number to register for an NHS dentist (I can't remember it). Ring it. Register and tell them you require urgent treatment. You'll be seen fast.

Actually I was assigned an NHS dentist recently. Rang them Monday for the first check up and was seen Friday morning. Turned out I needed some treatment and was offered an appointment that afternoon to get it sorted. Job done.

Please tell me you are joking !

Please tell me you are joking !

No joke. Check up, 2 small fillings and a scale for £45.60.

I also know 2 other people who, whilst waiting to be assigned a dentist, needed urgent treatment so called the registration number and were seen the same day at the new dental facility at the cottage hospital in Ramsey.

That's right. We'd have a lot more local-born dentists if local-born people weren't put off returning here after finishing their training in the UK due to inflated house prices caused by nouveau riche comeovers. Any sensible Manx person who had a sought-after qualification such as dentistry would ditch this joint and go to greener pastures.

oh dear, not only did you get rejected by the government, you also missed out on the housing boom too? no wonder youre bitter.

oh dear, not only did you get rejected by the government, you also missed out on the housing boom too? no wonder youre bitter.

I wasn't trying to suggest Tracey Bell was the only Manx dentist; she's just the only one I know about. It's not as if I attend dentist conventions or anything....

Manx? Scouse, following your rules

I wasn't trying to suggest Tracey Bell was the only Manx dentist; she's just the only one I know about. It's not as if I attend dentist conventions or anything....

Manx? Scouse, following your rules

What rules would those be? I don't care where she was born, she's from a Manx family.