Citywing Fly Using One The Worlds Least Safe Aircraft.

Need to find out a bit more about Let410 incidents before engaging Bobbie. If they've all been, say, in the Himalayas operating to or from very short strips with non-precision approaches etc.then something like that might be the issue rather than the aircraft itself. Just a thought.

Edited by ballaughbiker
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Regardless of how fancy/safe their craft were I wouldn't, on principle, fly with a ticketing agent. We've seen how they squirmed in the past to sidestep any liability, who's to say they wouldn't do it

I'd prefer not to fly with a ticketing agent that has a track record of crashes/near misses/dubious flying decisions/pilot errors full stop, whether it's a fatal one or otherwise thanks.

I can't believe anybody would even consider Citywing based on their current fleet ...

Apologies bb, I thought you were referring to the MF comments, rather than the original article - which is superficial, if not somewhat misleading in highlighting the raw figures - although to be fair they did include the quote I highlighted.

Usual discretion (and scepticism) required in interpreting the info here. The source of these opinions, like Prune is hardly 'official' and therefore open to question

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/2944883/

Edited by ballaughbiker

I suppose you could add the flights to the island onto an extreme holiday package, you know cliff jumping type stuff, emphasising the thrills start in the UK when you board the plane.............................

The adrenaline junkies would love it , in-flight drinks Red Bull shots and the option to jump out over Castletown for the parachute types?

I would never choose to use them as I don't like the business model. If I book with a real vertically integrated airline, at least if anything does go wrong the buck stops with them and they have to answer. I don't like the idea of buying tickets from an outfit who can then buy in the service from wherever at whatever price and then after a crash turns round and says "Nothing to do with us folks. You need to speak to Pedro in Barcelona" or similar. I appreciate that the actual operator still has to have all of the licences, certificate etc, but to me it just feels all wrong.

ETA: I wonder how many people who listen to their adverts even now think that Citywing is actually an airline. That is certainly the impression that comes across. IMO anyone running this kind of business should have to call themselves a ticket agency and make clear exactly who you will be flying with in all publicity and advertising.

Edited by woolley
  • Like 1

I would never choose to use them as I don't like the business model. If I book with a real vertically integrated airline, at least if anything does go wrong the buck stops with them and they have to answer. I don't like the idea of buying tickets from an outfit who can then buy in the service from wherever at whatever price and then after a crash turns round and says "Nothing to do with us folks. You need to speak to Pedro in Barcelona" or similar. I appreciate that the actual operator still has to have all of the licences, certificate etc, but to me it just feels all wrong.

+1.

ETA: I wonder how many people who listen to their adverts even now think that Citywing is actually an airline. That is certainly the impression that comes across. IMO anyone running this kind of business should have to call themselves a ticket agency and make clear exactly who you will be flying with in all publicity and advertising.

the planes are secondary to the unsafe pilots though?? just a shame the cowboy pilots get to take out innocent passengers with them.

absolutely correct,i wouldn't use these cowboys even if I had to f88king swim, beats me how they get away with it, yeh I know its "legal yaddy yah yah yah,but they are still a bunch of cowboys in my view

• Like 1

Wouldn't give it a second thought. Their pilots seem highly skilled on the few crosswind approaches I've seen.

And as for not flying with a ticketing company in case the aircraft they charter crashes and the insurance might need some chasing - Jebus, you worry too much!

• Like 1

I've lost a few friends to aircrashes (including pertrol pigeons) and witnessed one. I still am happy to use citywing. Private planes from Braddan Airfield I DO draw the line at.

The poor safety record of this particular type no doubt results from where they are primarily used - jungles, mountains, war zones and third world countries. In these places the flying is more challenging and oversight of what goes on minimal.

Oversight and accountability are key to air safety.

The poor safety record of this particular type no doubt results from where they are primarily used - jungles, mountains, war zones and third world countries. In these places the flying is more challenging and oversight of what goes on minimal.

Oversight and accountability are key to air safety.

Which is quite handy actually, what with the IoM slowly degenerating into a third world economy.