Tower House

substitute

What is the problem with minimum wage and you, back in the day when you were shitting yellow there was no minimum wage and you'd get paid 30pence an hour and you'd bite their fucken arm off for that. You fucken young pricks want it all for no fucken effort.

Us 'fucken young pricks' have to fork out 150k for a first time buyers house or 170+ privately, we have to find 650 a month rent if not, beer is £3.50, petrol is £1.41 a litre, car insurance is higher, food costs more as does everything. nothing was that expensive when you old bastards were biting arms off for 30p an hour. Get a grip.

A typical situation is that an older person leaves a job and the company pay a graduate 30% less even though the older person is probably sitting on a house that is worth 10x what they paid for it 20 years ago. Companies will pay the minimum they can get away with and generally younger people jump at that, unlike what you think. People are staying with their parents longer now simply because the typical young persons wage doesnt stretch far enough.

If you earn minimum wage a 37 hr week is 229.

a months salary would be 994. (229 *52 /12)

Rent for a 1 bedroom flat 650

gas 50

petrol 50

food 200

broadband and phone (necessary these days, everything is online) 40

Insurance

electric 50

Most of that is necessary, if you dont have a car you arent as employable, and even if you have no car, the bills would be more than you earn. Not everybody has someone to share with and you are expected to find a deposit for this flat as well. Minimum wage is nowhere near enough and inflation is sky high and wages are not going up.

You don't know you're born these days. When I started work I was doing 160 hours a week and I had to pay my employer £50 a day just to let me go there to work.

You were lucky! We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

(Courtesy of Monty Python)

What is the problem with minimum wage and you, back in the day when you were shitting yellow there was no minimum wage and you'd get paid 30pence an hour and you'd bite their fucken arm off for that. You fucken young pricks want it all for no fucken effort.

Us 'fucken young pricks' have to fork out 150k for a first time buyers house or 170+ privately, we have to find 650 a month rent if not, beer is £3.50, petrol is £1.41 a litre, car insurance is higher, food costs more as does everything. nothing was that expensive when you old bastards were biting arms off for 30p an hour. Get a grip.

A typical situation is that an older person leaves a job and the company pay a graduate 30% less even though the older person is probably sitting on a house that is worth 10x what they paid for it 20 years ago. Companies will pay the minimum they can get away with and generally younger people jump at that, unlike what you think. People are staying with their parents longer now simply because the typical young persons wage doesnt stretch far enough.

If you earn minimum wage a 37 hr week is 229.

a months salary would be 994. (229 *52 /12)

Rent for a 1 bedroom flat 650

gas 50

petrol 50

food 200

broadband and phone (necessary these days, everything is online) 40

Insurance

electric 50

Most of that is necessary, if you dont have a car you arent as employable, and even if you have no car, the bills would be more than you earn. Not everybody has someone to share with and you are expected to find a deposit for this flat as well. Minimum wage is nowhere near enough and inflation is sky high and wages are not going up.

You don't know you're born these days. When I started work I was doing 160 hours a week and I had to pay my employer £50 a day just to let me go there to work.

You were lucky! We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

(Courtesy of Monty Python)

Are you all alias's of Ian Duncan Smith? The man famous for being able to live on £53 a week?

Talk of the cafe in Tower House.

Missus had to wait over 15 minutes for the following to take away and got charged £8.50 for the privilege.. said it was as good as it looks. No idea why she didn't complain!

So there is my input for anyone who was considering..attachicon.gifIMG-20130627-WA0006.jpg

If your missus orders a baked potato with a side order of chips, no wonder they skipped the salad.

Lmfao

Talk of the cafe in Tower House.

Missus had to wait over 15 minutes for the following to take away and got charged £8.50 for the privilege.. said it was as good as it looks. No idea why she didn't complain!

So there is my input for anyone who was considering..attachicon.gifIMG-20130627-WA0006.jpg

If your missus orders a baked potato with a side order of chips, no wonder they skipped the salad.

Chips were for sharing in the workplace but nonetheless their standard was lowered.

I guess this mistake 'won't be happening again' though.