Anyone Bank With Lloyds Tsb?

ballaughbiker

A car repair if you must know. Not every business takes plastic in rural Europe and I will have a receipt when I can pay it all. Trouble is they now think I haven't got the money to pay for the job.

Never done substances. Maybe that's the problem. A bit of weed might make a bank's cock ups feel more acceptable.

Edited by ballaughbiker

I've had 18 pence in Lloyds for about 5 years now. I wonder how much interest it has accumulated. I stopped banking with them when they charged me loads of money for not having enough funds in my current account on time --- because they picked some stupid date instead of the 25th without telling me --- to be direct debited into my own saving account (i.e. an internal transfer from one of my own accounts into another of my own accounts). Not only did they charge me loads for it, but they didn't transfer anything anyway, so it's not as if I went overdrawn or anything.

I've had exactly the same thing happen with IoM Bank [RBS]

I've had 18 pence with Lloyds for five years too and every month they spend money on paper, toner, envelope and postage to send a statement.

• Like 1

Very pissed off with Barclays at the mo - I must have made a mistake when transferring money to pay monthly Barclaycard bill but first I knew of it is when Amazon sent an email saying my Barclaycard was blocked. Due to my history (I suppose) of always paying in full and on time Barclaycard was brilliant - cancelled all fees incurred for missed payment, interest and extra for phone calls and inconvenience. Barclays, on the other hand, haven't even replied to the email I sent last week asking why they didn't alert me when the payment bounced back - not even an automated acknowledgement. Bet they'd have alerted me quick enough if It had been a bounced cheque.

Just spent over an hour arguing with LTSB in the IOM (from a foreign country...) over a quite ridiculous issue and just wondered if anyone else was similarly affected.

I've been with them since they took over Bank of Scotland who I'd been with for a decade or two without ever falling out over anything, ever. Today's spat was about the cash withdrawal limit on my debit card. It's set at £300/day. If I want more than that up to a grand, I have to ring and ask permission to access my money. This has to be repeated each and every time I want >£300 in a single day.

I asked if it could be permanently increased to £500/day so I didn't have to ring for permission each time. That request was instantly declined. After a bit of banter they did agree to it only to later go back on their word. It's still a measly £300/day but with a temporary increase for just today to £500.

I've never owed them a penny and yet they told me that their borrowing department is the one who review this limit on application and there was no further discussion as they had declined my request. It was a take it or leave it scenario. So...... if you bank with LTSB in the IOM with an ordinary standard current account (I think it's called an Island Cheque account) is your daily limit more/lot more than me? (don't want/need to know any more on a public forum).

Just wondered for round 2 of the argument which is likely to ensue when I get back home smile.png

I would understand if anyone would prefer to pm info.

open a 2nd or 3rd current account and they should give you another £300 limit with another bank

i have a lloyds credit card and when i try to spend on it, it keeps triggering a fraud alert and blocking my transactions to the point where i will only use it on the internet now.

They all seem to be as bad as each other, and as people have already said it just seems to come back to systems which don't allow the staff any flexibility and don't allow the customers to talk to people who can actually make a decision based on your situation.

I forgot to transfer some funds into a joint account a few weeks ago, and as a result the Gas bill would have put the account overdrawn by around £50. It's my fault, I accept that and I accept that if it was a regular occurrence the bank should have a system in place which just automatically returns the payment.

In this case the account has run for over 20 years without ever going overdrawn, there have been thousands of pounds in and out every single month, and I and my wife have four other accounts with the same bank (Isle of Man Bank) which had money in them.

I'm not saying I expect someone to check my accounts for me, but surely a system can recognise an unusual event (going overdrawn for the first time n 20 years) and notify someone to have a quick look and call the client? If it happens all the time then just bounce it, but there is no personal human interaction there at all anymore.

Do any of the non mainstream banks actually operate what I would call a proper old fashioned banking service these days? Two single current accounts, one joint account, money in and out each month, a mortgage, some savings, and a small business account. There must be someone somewhere who can look after these with a single point of contact (like a bank manager!) I don't mind paying if required, but am pretty sure I fall a long way short of Coutts eligibility criteria.

The big retail banks are like budget airlines. It's your continuing ability to give them money that's important, not you. If you want service, go to a nice private bank with regular fees.

Otherwise, as with budget airlines, find the cheapest one, take the abysmal service on the chin. Try not to let them spoil your holiday/life.

Try HSBC. Especially if you qualify for their Premier service - very good, and if you are travelling lots there is a good chance they will either have a bank there or have a relationship with another, gives me a lot of peace of mind and has been handy for me at times of need.

If you have 1 mil plus then I'm sure Private Banks will look after you more than adequately.

Enjoy.

IOM bank are fine - they do what a bank should. I've only ever had trouble with a member of staff, and that was quickly resolved.

(Side Note: Whoever hires some of their clerks seems to have an eye for beauty too - some tasty crumpets in their branches lately!)