Colin Kniveton Is New Dccl Boss

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't he being paid a full-time salary while working in the Scope of Government group? If one man --- of average intelligence -- can do two full-time jobs between 9 and 5, one of those positions shou

Colin always seems to have his finger on the cash pulse.

What percentage of them do you think met at work (you know, working at the same place and all that) and what percentage do you think got jobs there because they were going out with someone who already

Actually, it's quite amusing to sit outside the House of Keys toward the end of a week day lunch hour and count how many couples say bye bye to each other and depart into different government buildings. It's an exclusive club where you get in --- and promoted --- based on the right connections. Nepotism and cronyism, all paid for by the taxpayer.

Edited by Thomas Jefferson

Actually, it's quite amusing to sit outside the House of Keys toward the end of a week day lunch hour and count how many couples say bye bye to each other and depart into different government buildings. It's an exclusive club where you get in --- and promoted --- based on the right connections. Nepotism and cronyism, all paid for by the taxpayer.

Sorry cant resist, but have you nothing better to do than to sit outside the building watching workers walk back into their offices? Sounds a bit of a strange thing to post really.

No offence, just sounded a little, well, weird..

Edited by Jasonc

Sorry cant resist, but have you nothing better to do than to sit outside the building watching workers walk back into their offices? Sounds a bit of a strange thing to post really.

No, I honestly don't have anything better to do. Except munch on a sandwich perhaps.

No, I honestly don't have anything better to do. Except munch on a sandwich perhaps.
Haha fair enough... Each to their own I guess Edited by Jasonc

What percentage of them do you think met at work (you know, working at the same place and all that) and what percentage do you think got jobs there because they were going out with someone who already worked there?

You really are very bitter about something.

• Like 1

What percentage of them do you think met at work (you know, working at the same place and all that) and what percentage do you think got jobs there because they were going out with someone who already worked there?

How could they have met at work if they work in different buildings?

I don't know exactly how many people got their jobs because they were related (by blood or marriage) to individuals already in the managerial class of the civil service, but I'd wager quite a few. It is certainly remarkable the number of new people I have seen join the civil service who just mysteriously happen to have a relative high up in the managerial class.

There's definitely a lot of dodgy backroom shenanigans involved. It's totally corrupt.

Edited by Thomas Jefferson

I don't know exactly how many people got their jobs because they were related (by blood or marriage) to individuals already in the managerial class of the civil service, but I'd wager quite a few. It is certainly remarkable the number of new people I have seen join the civil service who just mysteriously happen to have a relative high up in the managerial class.

There's definitely a lot of dodgy backroom shenanigans involved. It's totally corrupt.

And lets not forget the numerous retired police officers (retirement age 50), who pocket their lump sum and pension, and walk straight into a government post.

Retired police men and women lets remember.

I met my wife at work. We worked for the same company, in different buildings about half a mile apart.

I worked in IT, and got sent there to fix her computer. We also met on a team building day, and on a training course.

@ Bulgam Miner - I was under the impression that, if you receive a government pension you couldn't be employed by the government without losing your pension?

I know some ' freelance' as part of their company - so this is overlooked!

But as far as I am aware they cannot be employed directly by the government! Might be wrong thou????

This is the Isle of Man, its not just the civil service mate. Its rife everywhere, you get the job because of your surname.

Its actually encouraged to positively discriminate towards manx people. Why are you suprised? Its a funny little place.

This is the Isle of Man, its not just the civil service mate. Its rife everywhere, you get the job because of your surname.

Its actually encouraged to positively discriminate towards manx people. Why are you suprised? Its a funny little place.

I think you get discriminated AGAINST for having a Manx surname.