Colin Kniveton Is New Dccl Boss

I met my wife at work. We worked for the same company, in different buildings about half a mile apart.

I worked in IT, and got sent there to fix her computer. We also met on a team building day, and on a training course.

Perhaps things should be segregated to discourage civil servants from reproducing.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't he being paid a full-time salary while working in the Scope of Government group? If one man --- of average intelligence -- can do two full-time jobs between 9 and 5, one of those positions shou

Colin always seems to have his finger on the cash pulse.

What percentage of them do you think met at work (you know, working at the same place and all that) and what percentage do you think got jobs there because they were going out with someone who already

I met my wife at work. We worked for the same company, in different buildings about half a mile apart.

I worked in IT, and got sent there to fix her computer. We also met on a team building day, and on a training course.

Perhaps things should be segregated to discourage civil servants from reproducing.

A very good suggestion. In my view all civil servants should be sterilised to stop the gene pool from being watered down further.

• Like 1

The IOM civil service must be the only place where failure guarantees promotion. Nick Black has left the DCCL in turmoil and now he is moving to the DOI christ, they are bad enough without this fella being head honcho. Colin Kniveton made an ass at the DED now they put him in charge of Bus Vannin etc. What is going on? sound like jobs for the boys again.

Actually, it's quite amusing to sit outside the House of Keys toward the end of a week day lunch hour and count how many couples say bye bye to each other and depart into different government buildings. It's an exclusive club where you get in --- and promoted --- based on the right connections. Nepotism and cronyism, all paid for by the taxpayer.

Statistically up to 20% of marriages are down to people meeting at work. With 25% of the 'workforce' employed by the government, your observations are hardly a surprise.

Actually, it's quite amusing to sit outside the House of Keys toward the end of a week day lunch hour and count how many couples say bye bye to each other and depart into different government buildings. It's an exclusive club where you get in --- and promoted --- based on the right connections. Nepotism and cronyism, all paid for by the taxpayer.

Statistically up to 20% of marriages are down to people meeting at work. With 25% of the 'workforce' employed by the government, your observations are hardly a surprise.

Eerrrrmmm, and what are the statistics for divorces due to people meeting at work, it might be relevant to this thread?

Eerrrrmmm, and what are the statistics for divorces due to people meeting at work, it might be relevant to this thread?

30-40% of relationships suffer from some kind of infidelity at some point. And as 20% of them meet at work, that suggests at least a couple of thousand people over the last decade working for government, or the public and civil services have been knocking off someone else at one point or another.

30-40% of relationships suffer from some kind of infidelity at some point. And as 20% of them meet at work, that suggests at least a couple of thousand people over the last decade working for government, or the public and civil services have been knocking off someone else at one point or another.

It would be interesting to narrow these statistics down to the higher echelons of the civil service, hence my suggestion that it may be relevant to this thread?

The IOM civil service must be the only place where failure guarantees promotion. Nick Black has left the DCCL in turmoil and now he is moving to the DOI christ, they are bad enough without this fella being head honcho. Colin Kniveton made an ass at the DED now they put him in charge of Bus Vannin etc. What is going on? sound like jobs for the boys again.

Black's time at DCCL was marked by a complete inability to stop those under doing whatever they wanted according to their own whim or personal future benefit. The cost of this to the taxpayer or provision of decent services was seen as irrelevant. Obviously this makes Black ideal to head up the DoI, where a similar ethos has long been established.

Kniveton put Bell into full hissy-fit mode by swanning off to Sark without telling him (obviously other top civil servants knew, but none of them bothered to tell Bell and they clearly didn't think Bell was important enough to know about it). So he's being punished or something.

• Like 1

@ Bulgam Miner - I was under the impression that, if you receive a government pension you couldn't be employed by the government without losing your pension?

I know some ' freelance' as part of their company - so this is overlooked!

But as far as I am aware they cannot be employed directly by the government! Might be wrong thou????

Mmmm Not sure what the definition of freelancing is. If they are paid by the government then....... or take government positions........

It would be interesting to narrow these statistics down to the higher echelons of the civil service, hence my suggestion that it may be relevant to this thread?

It is only relevant if you look at comparable groupings within organisations from different sectors. Otherwise what are you you trying to establish?

I know where you are trying to go with this, but I'm not biting

Coincidentally, around 40% of those working for government, the civil and public services (married or not) have been shafting tax payers for years, and will do so for many years long after they have been pensioned off.

@ Bulgam Miner - I was under the impression that, if you receive a government pension you couldn't be employed by the government without losing your pension?

I know some ' freelance' as part of their company - so this is overlooked!

But as far as I am aware they cannot be employed directly by the government! Might be wrong thou????

I've a feeling that only applies (if it does) if you are actually drawing your pension. Presumably you can defer it (after taking the lump sum) and then take up other paid government jobs without any loss.

Has Col finished restructuring govt or whatever it was he was supposed to be doing?

This 'structure of govt' thing is the longest running farce in history

• Like 1