I wonder did any of the forum go along? Maybe some here participated? It was a nice hot sunny day and I believe there were good crowds there.

A neighbour sent me a photograph of the Tynwald members gathering outside the church before their photo was taken. I'm not sure of the protocols and etiquette involved at this sort of thing but favourite MLC Geoff Corkish felt it was in order to plant a kiss on the cheek of the Governor's wife. Good thing the Gov was busy elsewhere.

Apparently, it looked like a bit of a Glen Quagmire giggity moment.

post-12820-0-91269900-1373109656_thumb.jpg

post-12820-0-07378600-1373110184_thumb.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course not!   Pippa Middleton on the other hand....

The only reason to applaud it this year was the recognition of Nadine Crowther's amazing efforts in respect of the Hospice. She's one of those quiet ladies who gets things done - someone who is norma

People like Chris Thomas

Posted Images

RonnieD I was there and participated as I have done on a number previous occasions

Well done sir! You were a man down this year though.

Did you get to kiss the Governors wife or do you have to be an MLC?

A good day was apparently had by all and after a few years of declining numbers (probably due to the weather) it was good that the day was well attended.

A pity the Tynwald Inn was closed though. I would have thought as much trade could be done on Tynwald Day as the rest of the year put together. I believe that Greens capitalised on the situation and soon ran out of beer. But they made enough selling tins of Boddingtons (less than a pint) for £3. Daylight robbery.

Who's bags were you carrying TJ? Did you get to go to the chimps tea party at the governors later in your Peter Luis rental to hold your EO's drinks?

I've been attending Tynwald Day celebrations every year since I was a baby.

It's always the same ---a who's who of wannabe nouveau riche socialites going out of their way to be "seen".

Edited by Thomas Jefferson
  • Like 1

I wonder did any of the forum go along? Maybe some here participated? It was a nice hot sunny day and I believe there were good crowds there.

A neighbour sent me a photograph of the Tynwald members gathering outside the church before their photo was taken. I'm not sure of the protocols and etiquette involved at this sort of thing but favourite MLC Geoff Corkish felt it was in order to plant a kiss on the cheek of the Governor's wife. Good thing the Gov was busy elsewhere.

Apparently, it looked like a bit of a Glen Quagmire giggity moment.

attachicon.gif2013-07-05 GC2.jpg

It's on occasions like this that I miss having Dominic Delany in Tynwald

He'd have his hand on her arse as well

• Like 1

RonnieD I was there and participated as I have done on a number previous occasions

Well done sir! You were a man down this year though.

Did you get to kiss the Governors wife or do you have to be an MLC?

A good day was apparently had by all and after a few years of declining numbers (probably due to the weather) it was good that the day was well attended.

A pity the Tynwald Inn was closed though. I would have thought as much trade could be done on Tynwald Day as the rest of the year put together. I believe that Greens capitalised on the situation and soon ran out of beer. But they made enough selling tins of Boddingtons (less than a pint) for £3. Daylight robbery.

And £1.50 for a can of pop. I was there when someone joked "50p huh?"....."No, £1.50, I know it's a bit of a hike but it's Tynwald Day."

I doubt if kissing the Governor's missus is the correct protocol at formal state occasions such as Tynwald, unless Geoff has special privileges or dispensations. Wonder if he'd pat the Queen's ass too ?

My God is this all you have to worry about. It is a meaningless load of pomp, just a Day Out for the Islands rich and Famous to show how important they 'think' they are. It's nice later on when the Knobs have gone to dine on our money, or so I believe, it will however be a long, long time before I will go again, unless the Manx are ordered to in the future by 'Bell and Teare' - to create ' a good image for those thinking of investing in the Island'

• Like 2

I doubt if kissing the Governor's missus is the correct protocol at formal state occasions such as Tynwald, unless Geoff has special privileges or dispensations. Wonder if he'd pat the Queen's ass too ?

My God is this all you have to worry about. It is a meaningless load of pomp, just a Day Out for the Islands rich and Famous to show how important they 'think' they are. It's nice later on when the Knobs have gone to dine on our money, or so I believe, it will however be a long, long time before I will go again, unless the Manx are ordered to in the future by 'Bell and Teare' - to create ' a good image for those thinking of investing in the Island'

It's not a day for us is it...

• Like 2

The only reason to applaud it this year was the recognition of Nadine Crowther's amazing efforts in respect of the Hospice.

She's one of those quiet ladies who gets things done - someone who is normally so self-effacing that you're barely aware of her presence but who, when it came to asking for something on behalf of Hospice, was willing to shout it from the rooftops. IMO, a wonderful lady whose presence on the list of Tynwald Honour recipients enhances it considerably.

• Like 2

It's nice later on when the Knobs have gone to dine on our money, or so I believe

I love the way you capitalise the word Knobs to convey their importance.

it should be nobs,pricks or penises.