Secret Underground Bunkers?

Thomas Jefferson

Tynwald Hill is just a hinged lid, like on Thunderbirds. Apparently they've been working on it in secret so you can get a bendy bus inside.

Actually, I've been down a disused nuclear bunker just outside Peel, but it was an observation thingum and only big enough for half a dozen people. Spooky nonetheless.

How deep was it?

Not sure - 12-15 feet at a guess.

Tynwald Hill is just a hinged lid, like on Thunderbirds. Apparently they've been working on it in secret so you can get a bendy bus inside.

Actually, I've been down a disused nuclear bunker just outside Peel, but it was an observation thingum and only big enough for half a dozen people. Spooky nonetheless.

How deep was it?

Not sure - 12-15 feet at a guess.

There were 4 on the island. There's out just outside Ramsey, it was all for the Royal Observation Corps.

The Lifeguard kept pyrotechnics in the Ramsey one for a while, but it's disused now AFAIK.

The Castetown one was welded shut by the landowner, or at least the owner wanted to weld it shut.

One in Douglas area was taken out as Farmhill area was built up.

Not sure on the condition or existence of the Peel one.

There won't be much down in any of them apart from rememnants of drunken teenagers, they only had a table and chairs in at their peak. It was all there just to monitor fallout etc. after a nuclear boom. As automation became more popular and budgets became tighter, as well as imminent threat shrinking, it got drawn to a close.

As for functional ones, I've heard that there is one in the financial district of Douglas, and there are probably more. I doubt there's anything too lavish though.

The government probably have their own too, the bendybuses are the post apocalyptic future. With everything flattened, they can build every road to suit them and for having them stashed away ready, the Government will be seen as saviors...

Was Sangster's bunker in the Nunnery grounds or in the house? I had the run of the entire house plus a huge bunch of keys to myself for about two weeks when it was empty and being used to make the film "Cinderella" ...(£75 quid a night cash in hand and plagued by creaks, bangs, and noise from the rooms upstairs!) ...And the huge horse head door knocker that rapped and no one there!

Anyway, wandered all over the building and basement. Way deep down there were these orderly constructed corridors with some habitable rooms leading off and some I thought looked like they were for regular occupation and if I recall aright the quarters were more comfortable and better equipped than the rooms in the upper part of the house. These long orderly corridors could well have been reinforced....Or perhaps that's just the way it was? Perhaps it was just staff quarters and an admin area though?