Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Manx Rumour

Say Good Bye To The Tt.........

An impressive start to your posting career nonetheless. Complaining about people listening to rumours on the Internet.... while posting rumours on the Internet. Impressive stuff.

Not rumours, fact. nice to stir things up :D:P

Using "apparently" and "maybe" in your original post would seem to indicate incomplete and poorly researched facts, at best.

Also known as rumour and speculation. Which you seem to be critical of.

Just heard on the Radio this morning that they are putting a 50mph speed limit on the mountain this TT. Apparently it is only up to the gooseneck although they didn't say where else.

They also outlined that the IOM is now linked to the UK system for sppeding convictions etc

More money from speeding fines maybe, but say goodbye to the TT and Tourism.......

Source DOT

A18 Mountain Road (TT Course Ramsey Town Boundary to the Gooseneck) (Temporary Imposition of Speed Limit) (No 1) Order 2005 – the effect of which will be from Saturday 28th May 2005 to Tuesday 14th June 2005, to impose a speed limit of 50mph on the A18 Mountain Road from a point 130 metres east of the Ramsey Town Boundary to a point 150 metres past the Gooseneck.

So from ramsey Hairpin to the Gooseneck it's 50mph. It's a bit of road you can't really open it up anyway with a lot of blind corners.

As soon as you get to the Gooseneck open the throttle and you can have your 150mph blast over the mountain. WTF is your problem? And explain how this will make me to wave goodbye to the TT?

The only other 'Mountain' restrictions are past the Creg and are only slightly different than last year.

Fool.

Caught part of Bruce Hannay interview with Chris Williams on Manx Radio this morning when asked to comment on the state of the manx roads he replied

'The TT Course is in excellent condition, but there are other main roads in need of repair and these will be done on a priortiy basis, unfortnally the minor roads will have to wait until there is more money available'

Nice to see the DOT has blown their budget on a certain 37miles of roads while the rest of them are deteriorating to a level one step up from the third world.

But it all worth it, what would we do with out all the 'Tourists'......

Harry,

i am sure when they add up all the speeding fines they will have enough to fix one or two roads. After they have lined their pockets that is!!

Afterall this island does think it is a Manopoly board!!

As for the last comment, maybe we should wait until all the tourism that is left is old biddies coming over in there Campervans!!!

We have all seen them!!! You know who they are!

This Islands government DOT will only spoil what was a great place to visit at TT.

Goodbye forever open roads and hello traffic, speed cameras and speed traps. I hope you all have clean licenses because they wont be soon.

Everybody speeds a little and one day you will be caught. Whether you drive a bike or car you will regret it one day. AS WILL THE DOT WHEN THEY HAVE LOST ALL THE REVENUE FROM THE TT TOURISM.

I bet the Iom's DOT saw the figures that the UK's police force disclosed on speeding fines for last year and realised what cash they could also generate from locals and tourists on the island.

I get the feeling that some people on here do not approve of people being honest and talking facts.

Just heard on the Radio this morning that they are putting a 50mph speed limit on the mountain this TT. Apparently it is only up to the gooseneck although they didn't say where else.

They also outlined that the IOM is now linked to the UK system for sppeding convictions etc

More money from speeding fines maybe, but say goodbye to the TT and Tourism.......

Source DOT

A18 Mountain Road (TT Course Ramsey Town Boundary to the Gooseneck) (Temporary Imposition of Speed Limit) (No 1) Order 2005 – the effect of which will be from Saturday 28th May 2005 to Tuesday 14th June 2005, to impose a speed limit of 50mph on the A18 Mountain Road from a point 130 metres east of the Ramsey Town Boundary to a point 150 metres past the Gooseneck.

So from ramsey Hairpin to the Gooseneck it's 50mph. It's a bit of road you can't really open it up anyway with a lot of blind corners.

As soon as you get to the Gooseneck open the throttle and you can have your 150mph blast over the mountain. WTF is your problem? And explain how this will make me to wave goodbye to the TT?

The only other 'Mountain' restrictions are past the Creg and are only slightly different than last year.

Fool.

Yo Fool, wassup

your the fool for not seeing what is happening. First its the creg, then the Gooseneck. Next year it will be more and so on until it is all a 50.

Do you also realise that the DOT are planning on making the whole Mountain road a limited road. Possibly a 70mph restriction. Or maybe 50.

In time you will agree and join us all in a team wave.

Afterall this island does think it is a Manopoly board!!

Now that sounds like a game me and Stav could play for hours.

I get the feeling that some people on here do not approve of people being honest and talking facts.

Your entire post is personal opinion and speculation. While it may be honest, it doesn't contain a single fact.

Lets all open our eyes, see the facts and give a BIG wave goodbye to TT.. There seems to be alot of people on here who live in there little internet cupboards and need to get out more. The main attraction at TT is for the tourist to ride his/her bike freely without restrictions around the famous Mountain circuit.

Lets ask the question.

Who buys a high performance bike to ride at 50mph round the mountain circuit??

Maybe your internet chair doesn't get out the front door, but most people like to enjoy the TT and there bikes.

You can always count on people posting on internet forums to tell other people posting on internet forums that they need to get out more. It's a delicious irony.

Here is the news chief. You're posting on an Internet Forum right now. And you're indoors. Take your own advice cockmonger.

If you don't speed you don't get fined or points. Simple. Talking of being honest, why not try sticking to the speed limit like an honest little boy.

And yes I do sometimes go over the speed limit. But if I got caught, I can't argue and accept the consequences, after all its my foot on the gas right?

Anyway speed limits exist all over the friggin place - I've been here 17 years and never had a ticket.

Yo Fool, wassup

your the fool for not seeing what is happening. First its the creg, then the Gooseneck. Next year it will be more and so on until it is all a 50.

Do you also realise that the DOT are planning on making the whole Mountain road a limited road. Possibly a 70mph restriction. Or maybe 50.

In time you will agree and join us all in a team wave.

Whatever mate, just keep banging your drum. Perhaps try visiting the wife/kids/mother of some dearly departed biker who lost his head at 150mph and explain your reasoning or see some of the accident photos at a scene. But hey it was a blast, I'm a real man cos I can be just like them racers.

If the TT goes cos people are that fickle - so be it.

You can always count on people posting on internet forums to tell other people posting on internet forums that they need to get out more. It's a delicious irony.

Here is the news chief. You're posting on an Internet Forum right now. And you're indoors. Take your own advice cockmonger.

Never heard of wireles....... W***ker

Sure, but you're not posting on this Internet Forum on it. Spackchimp.

Do you not get even the tiniest bit bored being a moron all the time?