Best Ever Movies 'baddie'

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem lies in choosing between the quiet, brooding menace of the villains portrayed by Mitchum [a superb and much underrated actor] and the 'over the top' entertaining villainy of someone like A

No more than a comparatively gentle descendant of Henry Potter in 'It's A Wonderful Life.'   "You once called me a warped, frustrated, old man. What are you but a warped, frustrated young man? A mis

The problem lies in choosing between the quiet, brooding menace of the villains portrayed by Mitchum [a superb and much underrated actor] and the 'over the top' entertaining villainy of someone like Alan Rickman in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.

Then, where do you put Anthony Perkins' portrayal of Norman Bates in Psycho? Or Barbara Stanwyck in Double Indemnity? Or even the astonishingly nasty Angela Lansbury in The Manchurian Candidate?

• Like 1

I'd be interested to know what everyone's best or even favourite movie 'Baddies' is, for me it's Michael Wincott's character 'Top Dollar', I appreciate that there are others, Christopher Walken springs to mind but I think Wincott does evil pretty good in this movie.

I liked Gordon Gekko. "Lunch is for wimps."

No more than a comparatively gentle descendant of Henry Potter in 'It's A Wonderful Life.'

"You once called me a warped, frustrated, old man. What are you but a warped, frustrated young man? A miserable little clerk, crawling in here on your hands and knees and begging for help."

• Like 1

From the film Slapshot :

Jim Carr: Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

Then there's the classic Bond nemesis , Ernst Stavro Blofeld , although you could argue he was a pretty inept villain as even with a hollowed out volcano full of henchmen and a piranha pool at his disposal he never managed to kill Bond .

The Alien in it's various forms from face hugger through chest burster to fully grown beastie .

I'd be interested to know what everyone's best or even favourite movie 'Baddies' is, for me it's Michael Wincott's character 'Top Dollar', I appreciate that there are others, Christopher Walken springs to mind but I think Wincott does evil pretty good in this movie.

I liked Gordon Gekko. "Lunch is for wimps."

No more than a comparatively gentle descendant of Henry Potter in 'It's A Wonderful Life.'

"You once called me a warped, frustrated, old man. What are you but a warped, frustrated young man? A miserable little clerk, crawling in here on your hands and knees and begging for help."

Almost word for word what the head of the Civil Service said to TJ at the end of the interview! laugh.pnglaugh.png

• Like 1

I think the emperor in Star Wars was more evil than Vader. Vader was just angry at the world whereas the emperor properly enjoyed inflicting pain on people - think of him firing electricity out of his hands at them and cackling whist doing so.

Loads of suggestions I had chosen have already been posted up and no other fictional character springs to mind right now (although a couple from real life portrayed in films do but I'll not post them up).