Company Caught Destroying Bird Nest

spanna

When we were getting our facias replaced I was suspicious that there were sparrows nesting behind them....so much so that when the builders had gone home I went into the attic and took the plaster/lats off the back wall in the area behind the facia because I was convinced I could hear birds and the builders had trapped them in.....I did not find any birds and mrbees was not exactly over the moon when I showed him the mess I had made. I think it goes on quite a lot.

I think you are right so its excellent to see someone being caught.

Although a formal caution is pretty pathetic for breaking regs.

What deterrent is that? and getting away with not being named. Might as well have not bothered.

• Like 1

I don't know if you can blame the radio station for the lack of information. I actually suspect that this is a press release from DEFA which they have just copied and that might not have the company name either (we've seen similar lack of information from the OFT). Energy have also got a piece on sudden oak death as well, though it's referred to as an infestation of Phytophthora ramorum[1], presumably because it isn't on oaks in this case, and they could have got them both at the same time.

Unfortunately you can't tell where the omission came from, because, like a lot of government departments, DEFA seem to be falling into the habit of telling the local media things without putting their press releases on the government site - either in the Info Centre or on their particular bit of The World's Longest Website in Beta Ever. While this does hide the fact of just how much of what appears in the local papers is pure copy and paste, it does mean that which information gets out is a bit random (they don't always copy and paste the whole release) and information that may affect the public (such as the tree infestations) isn't automatically available even if it has been issued.

[1] Energy please note that the first part of a scientific species name has a capital letter, but the second doesn't and it's often the convention to use italics. I also think it's more likely that the trees have "lesions" on their surface rather than "legions" marching up and down waving flags. Of course if you just copied this from DEFA they should know better as well.

• Like 1

When we were getting our facias replaced I was suspicious that there were sparrows nesting behind them....so much so that when the builders had gone home I went into the attic and took the plaster/lats off the back wall in the area behind the facia because I was convinced I could hear birds and the builders had trapped them in.....I did not find any birds and mrbees was not exactly over the moon when I showed him the mess I had made. I think it goes on quite a lot.

What goes on quite a lot? You making a mess??

I had the same issue when the old dear next door had new plastic boards and gutters fitted to her house. About the same time for a week she was round mine 'trapped birds in the loft' she kept saying.

I had to go up a ladder with a flask of boiling water to prove to her its was the gutter and the boards expanding as the sun came up in the morning.

A dear old lady who was dearly missed when she went, but a bit clueless when it came to logic.